Need advice... 02 wrx - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Need advice... 02 wrx within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I wouldn't pay more than 9k....

I wouldn't pay more than 9k.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What kind of problems? I drive 34 miles roundtrip everyday

So this car is making 378whp on a stock 90xxx mile motor.... Run from that car man. You can afford a nicer one, go for something with a hybrid 2.5, same sized turbo, and rebuilt trans if you want a modded one. Doing mods yourself doesn't make it more reliable or cheaper by any means. If it were me I'd buy an 04/05 sti that's basically stock. Quick, reliable, fun, decent mpgs for your commute, and can be had with 50k miles for 18ish if you find the right person. I got my 05 sti with stage 2 @ 39k miles and custom black/silver paint job for 20k, first owner.

The 02 your looking at is a ticking time bomb, even done right these little 4 cylinders weren't built to put out 400hp with out ALOT of money and tuning. Cheap, fast, reliable.. Can only have 2.
    Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq

The sti for my application isn't worth the higher cost and higher insurance. I would be wasting it basically. If I'm going ton spend 20k on a car I will buy new.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12