Break In Period Over.... WOW!!!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Break In Period Over.... WOW!!! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; As the thread is titled, I just finished the break in period and got to open up the car a ...

Break In Period Over.... WOW!!!

As the thread is titled, I just finished the break in period and got to open up the car a little bit more. I left my gf's place heading home on the highway where there is an on ramp that starts a highway. It was 2 in the morning so I slowed down to about 10/15 mph, dropped it into first and just completely opened her up. I was at and passing 60 before I knew it Lol, the only complaint I have is that by the time you start enjoying yourself you're already going like 75 mph I could be wrong, I was enjoying myself too much to pay too close attention, but I thought I saw 40 mph in first gear, is that right? I didn't even truly red line it, like I said though, having too much fun to really notice how fast I was going, was just looking at the rpms
    2012 WRB WRX Sedan ...
    BPanda Build
    ...On order since 5/14/2012
    ...Picked up on 6/29/2012

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    No idea about your gearing but they're certainly nice fun cars. Practical too. Enjoy safely.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Bone stock, just cosmetic stuff. Only had the car for a month
    2012 WRB WRX Sedan ...
    BPanda Build

You are just over 60 in 2nd gear! Makes for a lot of fun. Even stock the WRX is definitely quick. I found that I really am able to enjoy it now that I have slightly larger front and rear sway bars. I went 22mm front and 19mm rear. Now when I hammer it on a ramp the car feels stable and planted. Enjoy your new WRX!

FMS

Wait till stage 2 ;-)
    OPEN 7 Days a week|We match and beat advertised prices and sales|855.447.8288

AOL Instant Messenger: FlatlineMotorsports.mason@gmail.com

Link: Flatline Motorsports Online Store
    Link: Flatline Motorsports Facebook

Sweet! I was expecting to find a new thread from you

I Support ClubWRX
    Stage 2 will definatly be a big jump from stock,
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

That'll come after my warranty is up, still a little worried something will happen to the car
    2012 WRB WRX Sedan ...
    BPanda Build

Quote Originally Posted by BPanda View Post
    That'll come after my warranty is up, still a little worried something will happen to the car
    Really going to wait 60k miles? :-/

I Support ClubWRX
    i tried to wait till my warranty ran out but after 6 months i was modding away
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackwrx View Post
    i tried to wait till my warranty ran out but after 6 months i was modding away
    Yeah.. I bought an intake before I bought my car (back in '07) and then SPT catback (i know didn't void my warranty) but then I waited a bit and got a free DP.. then bought Cobb AP before I installed the DP lol

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 96accord View Post
    Yeah.. I bought an intake before I bought my car (back in '07) and then SPT catback (i know didn't void my warranty) but then I waited a bit and got a free DP.. then bought Cobb AP before I installed the DP lol
    cant beat free
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Quote Originally Posted by 96accord View Post
    Really going to wait 60k miles? :-/
    warranty runs to 60k? though its 36k

I Support ClubWRX
    Some components in some locations, like my turbo in CA, are covered even longer than 60K. See warranty booklet.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I'll have to look, but I thought my warranty was over at 36k
    2012 WRB WRX Sedan ...
    BPanda Build

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.