Buying my first WRX!

This is a discussion on Buying my first WRX! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi there, I'm fairly new to the WRX world and am currently looking at an '04 WRX... mods include vf22 ...

Buying my first WRX!

Hi there,
    I'm fairly new to the WRX world and am currently looking at an '04 WRX... mods
    include vf22 turbo, perrin 2.4" inlet, weapon r intake, 3 port boost controller, hks carbon titanium tbe, turbo xs (externally gated) up-pipe, tial external wastegate, sti tmic, DW 650cc injectors, ngk iridium one step colder plugs, walbro 255 lph fuel pump, turbo blanket, heat wrapped up pipe, smc meth kit, 3 guage pod with pyro, boost, oil pressure, valentine 1 radar detector, ss brake lines, slotted rotors, perrin rear sway and endlinks... anyone have thoughts on this? I've tried to do the research, but being a bit of a newbie makes it a little confusing at times...
    Thanks!
    Leah

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I stopped reading at "mods include"

Definitely look into buying a stock wrx. One with mods will more than likely turn into a headache

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Agreed. Unless it's for a steal and you have the money to buy a new motor if that blows up, let it pass. Stock ftw

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

I Support ClubWRX
    I wouldn't buy a turbo-swapped WRX, personally.

If you're deadset, you should have a shop that deals with modified Subarus look the car over, performing both a compression/leakdown test, as well as a tune checkup with some datalogs (the SMC kit means there should be multiple maps that come with it, since you may not always have meth/alcohol/water in the tank, as well as a way to switch between them).
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I wouldn't buy a wrx that is fully modded like that, they are more likely to cause problems later on. 1.) you don't know how the car was treated. 2.) If it was modded it probably sustained some sort of abuse. Buy a stock one less likely it will be a headache inducing car. Then you can have the fun in modding the car the way you like it