New Member Intro and need some advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on New Member Intro and need some advice within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everyone! My names Nas, I'm 23, and I'm from the suburbs of Chicago. I picked up a 2011 WRX ...

New Member Intro and need some advice

Hey everyone! My names Nas, I'm 23, and I'm from the suburbs of Chicago. I picked up a 2011 WRX in lightning red 3 days ago from a Honda dealership, the car has 7500 miles on it. I love driving it, so much fun compared to my previous daily which I still have 2001 Audi A4. Not new to turbo'd cars but new to Subi's.

Now on to my problem. The day I bought the car, the passenger side headlight stopped working. I took the car to a Subaru dealership the next day to have them look at it. Found out the previous owner used (non oem bulbs) and both low beam connectors on the wire harness melted. Subaru said they'll have to replace both headlight housing along with the wire harness and it's not going to be covered under warranty. I called the dealership I purchased the car from to see what they can do about the situation, all they're telling me is the issue should be covered under warranty. If they don't, its a lawsuit against Subaru waiting to happen. So then finally I called SOA and told them whats going on. Still waiting to hear back from SOA. So I would like to know what you guys think. Who responsible to replace the the damaged items and what are my options?

TIA

Here is a pic of the new and old ride.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	121.5 KB 
ID:	107088
    -NAS

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

When I looked at the damage, the housings look fine. Just the harness needs replacing.

If the Honda dealer says it's under warranty by Subaru then I think Subaru should be the one having to fix it. Unless the other dealer is just saying it's under warranty cuz they knew about it just didn't wanna fix the problem at hand. The Honda dealer you bought from should of known about this problem hence they should be fully liable for the problem. How long ago did you buy the car?

I bought the car on 7/23 and I agree Honda should be the one to pay for the damages. Every car has to go through a pre-sale inspection, so I think Honda does know about the headlights and just doesn't want to own up to it. I will be going to the Honda dealership today to talk about this issue more face to face.

-NAS
    Last edited by 3G_REX; 07-26-2012 at 02:50 AM.

I would think that the Honda dealership would be responsible to be honest. If the previous owner did something to the headlights and something happened to them, that's pretty much the definition for a declined claim, so Subaru wouldn't have to fix it. The headlights were something that should have been fixed before you even bought the car.
    Congrats on the car though, which suburb are you from? I'm in Hoffman Estates
    2012 WRB WRX Sedan ...
    BPanda Build
    ...On order since 5/14/2012
    ...Picked up on 6/29/2012

Good news! I just dropped off the car at Honda. They're taking care of everything. @BPanda I'm from Streamwood and work in Schaumburg. We should get together and do a photo shoot or something. I would really like to check out your car.
    -NAS

2011 SUBARU WRX (LR) - DAILY
    MODS: 30% Tint - Smoked Tails - Bi-Xenon Projector retrofit w/ DDM Tuning 35w5000k - Fender vent led turn signals - Kartboy short throw shifter w/ bushings - Flossy Shift knob

Seriously? I live in Streamwood too. I saw a red Wrx on Elgin O'hare a few days ago. wonder if it was you.
    2012 Limited World Rally Blue Pearl Subaru Impreza World Rally Xross Sedan ...
    ...On order since 4/14/2012; Received VIN 7/4/2012; ETA 8/6/2012; Delivered 8/9/2012
    OTS AP Stage 1 9/15/2012

It was probably me, I was going to the city. I havent seen a blue wrx in streamwood yet. Is your licence plate hindude on the wrx?

EDIT: Nvm. Just saw you dont have it till 8-6.
    -NAS

MODS: 30% Tint - Smoked Tails - Bi-Xenon Projector retrofit w/ DDM Tuning 35w5000k - Fender vent led turn signals - Kartboy short throw shifter w/ bushings - Flossy Shift knob

FMS

Very nice looking WRX, We're in Chicago, hit us up if you need any parts Nas.
    OPEN 7 Days a week|We match and beat advertised prices and sales|855.447.8288

AOL Instant Messenger: FlatlineMotorsports.mason@gmail.com

Link: Flatline Motorsports Online Store
    Link: Flatline Motorsports Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by 3G_REX View Post
    It was probably me, I was going to the city. I havent seen a blue wrx in streamwood yet. Is your licence plate hindude on the wrx?

EDIT: Nvm. Just saw you dont have it till 8-6.
    I had the plates on my civic that I sold last week. HINDUDE 2.0 (the Rex) should be in on Monday. My neighbor actually has a WRB limited 2011 sedan too. Let me know if you want to meet up after my WRX gets in. Maybe BPanda can make it too since he is so close.
    ...On order since 4/14/2012; Received VIN 7/4/2012; ETA 8/6/2012; Delivered 8/9/2012
    OTS AP Stage 1 9/15/2012

Yeah, I'd definitely be interested in meeting up to do a cruise/photoshoot or something.
    -NAS

FMS

Sounds good.
    OPEN 7 Days a week|We match and beat advertised prices and sales|855.447.8288

AOL Instant Messenger: FlatlineMotorsports.mason@gmail.com

Link: Flatline Motorsports Online Store
    Link: Flatline Motorsports Facebook

Welcome & Congrats!

I was going to say Honda dealership should pay for it. If the previous owner installed the headlights then it's not Subaru's fault.

Thanks for the welcome guy. I Got the car back from Honda yesterday. Everything is fixed and good, they even threw in 3 free oil changes.
    -NAS

That's great news! Which Honda dealer did you go to? When I went to the one on golf rd. they treated me like crap when I asked them if the had any used s2k's in stock.
    OTS AP Stage 1 9/15/2012

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast