New Member Intro and need some advice - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on New Member Intro and need some advice within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Whoa..3 free oil changes.. lol I wouldn't get it done there....

Whoa..3 free oil changes.. lol

I wouldn't get it done there.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I bought the car at Fletcher Jones Honda in Chicago.
    -NAS

2011 SUBARU WRX (LR) - DAILY
    MODS: 30% Tint - Smoked Tails - Bi-Xenon Projector retrofit w/ DDM Tuning 35w5000k - Fender vent led turn signals - Kartboy short throw shifter w/ bushings - Flossy Shift knob

Sounds like they have better customer service.
    2012 Limited World Rally Blue Pearl Subaru Impreza World Rally Xross Sedan ...
    ...On order since 4/14/2012; Received VIN 7/4/2012; ETA 8/6/2012; Delivered 8/9/2012
    OTS AP Stage 1 9/15/2012

Quote Originally Posted by 96accord View Post
    Whoa..3 free oil changes.. lol

I wouldn't get it done there.
    Agreed. Personally I don't like turning my car over to a shop unless I ABSOLUTELY have to. I'd just ask them if they could give you the oil filters so you could do the oil changes yourself.
    ...On order since 4/14/2012; Received VIN 7/4/2012; ETA 8/6/2012; Delivered 8/9/2012
    OTS AP Stage 1 9/15/2012

Welcome!

That's really great customer service by the Honda dealership. They had no responsibility to do anything since used cars are bought as-is unless you specifically bought or agreed to a warranty with them when you bought it, which you didn't say anything about, so I'll assume you didn't have either. Subaru had zero responsibility for it since somebody modified the stock lights.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Thanks. Their customer service is great; I would buy from them again. I've purchased cars from two other dealers before and they were complete *******s after the purchase. I did NOT purchase any warranty from Honda.
    -NAS

MODS: 30% Tint - Smoked Tails - Bi-Xenon Projector retrofit w/ DDM Tuning 35w5000k - Fender vent led turn signals - Kartboy short throw shifter w/ bushings - Flossy Shift knob

Quote Originally Posted by hindude View Post
    Agreed. Personally I don't like turning my car over to a shop unless I ABSOLUTELY have to. I'd just ask them if they could give you the oil filters so you could do the oil changes yourself.
    I doubt they'll give me the oil and filters. I also wouldn't want to drive 35 miles just for an oil change; So I'll probably do it myself and pay for it.
    -NAS

That'll work too.
    OTS AP Stage 1 9/15/2012

Quote Originally Posted by 3G_REX View Post
    I doubt they'll give me the oil and filters. I also wouldn't want to drive 35 miles just for an oil change; So I'll probably do it myself and pay for it.
    They get the oil out of 55 gallon drums (or at least something larger than quarts) so they can't really give you the oil anyway. The real reason they give you oil changes for free is because it's their hope they'll find something wrong when they have the car so they charge you the labor and parts to fix it. That's where the real money is not on the oil change.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Its not like they'll have a clue of what's under the hood anyways =P

That and they might not know that our Subies need synthetic.... damn you Toyota.

Sent from a phone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12