No intake resonator in 2012 WRX sedan
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on No intake resonator in 2012 WRX sedan within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So i've had my rex for a couple weeks now, and I went to take the intake silencer off. I ...

No intake resonator in 2012 WRX sedan

So i've had my rex for a couple weeks now, and I went to take the intake silencer off. I got the airbox off, and what did I find? Nothing. There was NO RESONATOR attached to the bottom of the airbox!

The spot where it would connect is still there, but the opening to the bottom of the airbox is completely sealed!! Looks Subaru is onto us modifiers....

Has anyone else run into this problem/ revelation? There is still the big area for the silencer below the box, it's just not there :/ Thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    08 wrx intake silencer delete

It's been that way since 08. If you read post 5 you can see the alternative method

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

That thread is really old and I don't want to resurrect it, but has anyone with a boost gauge actually been able to measure that the boost comes on quicker by cutting the hole out? ...I mean besides on a butt dino.
    2012 Limited World Rally Blue Pearl Subaru Impreza World Rally Xross Sedan ...
    ...On order since 4/14/2012; Received VIN 7/4/2012; ETA 8/6/2012; Delivered 8/9/2012
    OTS AP Stage 1 9/15/2012

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    To be honest I don't think anyone has ever done a silencer delete for performance reasons. It's more of a noise maker mod.

Maybe someone has measured it though.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by hindude View Post
    That thread is really old and I don't want to resurrect it, but has anyone with a boost gauge actually been able to measure that the boost comes on quicker by cutting the hole out? ...I mean besides on a butt dino.

A gauge wouldn't really tell you anything useful.. you would just need to log the MAP sensor, before and after.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.