WRX coming next week!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on WRX coming next week! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I first drove a 2001 WRX and loved the experience. It was an automatic, but I was hooked from that ...

WRX coming next week!

I first drove a 2001 WRX and loved the experience. It was an automatic, but I was hooked from that point on. Over the years I have never stopped wanting one, yet went with other car choices. I first had a Scion tc, then last year moved to a Hyundai Elantra. I do a fair amount of commuting with a 45 minute drive to work, but I found the driving experience in my Elantra to be severely lacking. That fun to drive factor was missing, and really any steering feel at all for that matter. After a year of driving it I came to the conclusion I need something different. I was originally going to wait for newly designed WRX (hopefully for 2014), and in the meantime was going to pay off the rest of the Elantra. However, today I went with my girlfriend to the Subaru dealership to look at a new impreza for her. Upon arriving there was a bright blue WRX sitting there on the lot. I didn't think there would be a chance in the world that there would be any 12s left, but there it was. This was strictly a trip to look for a new car for my girlfriend, but as the day went on it became something different. We left the dealership to look at a CRV and the whole time my girlfriend was encouraging me to get the WRX. I couldn't believe she was on my side, and after talking it out we ended up going back to the subaru dealer. Long story short; awesome girlfriend and 2 subarus ordered (2013 impreza hatchback for her and 2012 WRX for me!)

Its a standard model, with short shifter & spoiler. Here are a few pics from the dealer:

Can't wait for her to be mine...Next week can't come fast enough. Look forward to sharing with you guys on the forum.
    Last edited by mdkflip; 07-21-2012 at 05:21 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ooOH thanks for sharing that story. This car and you were meant for each other, break her in gently!

Congrats! I'm confused though, why do you have to wait until next week if the car is on the lot now?
    2012 WRB WRX Sedan ...
    BPanda Build
    ...On order since 5/14/2012
    ...Picked up on 6/29/2012

I have to pick it up next week because I won't be able to get to the dealer until next Friday. Plus I didn't have my Elantra with me to be appraised for a trade in. It's okay, one last week to say goodbye to the Elantra. Hello WRX!

I figured I would just post this too. This is the original car that started it all

Yeah, that's cool, you'll love the WRX. I just sold my 2006 Scion tC to get my new 2012 WRX, liked the tC, did a TON of work to it, but it just doesn't compare to AWD Turbo
    2012 WRB WRX Sedan ...
    BPanda Build
    ...On order since 5/14/2012
    ...Picked up on 6/29/2012

Congrats!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.