Mostly Happy Newb

This is a discussion on Mostly Happy Newb within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So, I have about 3000 miles on my 2012 wrx black hatch. Since I have two kids, the four doors ...

Mostly Happy Newb

So, I have about 3000 miles on my 2012 wrx black hatch. Since I have two kids, the four doors accomodating two car seats in the back has been a good thing. Being able to go faster than the nissan versa I traded it is... "compelling."

I stumbled through the break in procedure...was going a little fast at first (not redline or anything). Settled in, did it right after some good advice here. I had the oil changed at 1000 just for good measure. However...

I was checking the dipstick yesterday and noticed what seemed to be oilunderneath it on the engine. Any idea what this is? It was right around the dipstick tude. I am a close to middle aged professional guy (who has redlined a few times, but is pretty careful generally!).

Any ideas what this is?
    Last edited by Warpiglet; 07-18-2012 at 07:25 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Im not sure what it is, but since your car is so new, take it in and let subaru deal with it. Thats what your warranty is for. Good luck
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"