New 2012 DMG 5-Door on order - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

This is a discussion on New 2012 DMG 5-Door on order within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I understand all your points an I do belive I made the better of the choice. Im a bit like ...

I understand all your points an I do belive I made the better of the choice. Im a bit like you altho I do not have kida altho I have a buddy that rides around alot with me My pup hes about 170 p noy an about to hit 2 yrs later next month. I do not care about loks to much altho i realy dig the 5 door. Truthfully I dont realy care t much about mods as i like to leave my cars close to stock to follow a rule of mine dont fix whats not broke performance wise that is . My 08 wrx is fast enough for me much more It would just be tickets and now at 24 I recived over 50 befor 18 in 2 yrs of driving and since been pulled over 3 times 1x on my bike 106 in a 55 cop was cool I have found If you can make them laough within 30 seconds you can do pretty good . [ went Cop asked do u no how fast u were going . Said 70 75, him try 106 . me, realy this thing goes that fast no wonder cant be lookig down going that fast meanless to say wrote an 86 he also said TK's for not running 1x a guy ridding with didnt have a belt on and last was in my WRX weird cloocked at 86 Bad number for me my first speeding T was at 86. I think th RX8 is sexy but I realy love Torqu , after having a RAM with the 5.9 L ... 360 since week befor 18 im used to it.As for doing anything to the WRX will only be suppension, Handeling, altho I would like to reprogram it but no vary little about that But hear they are so DE Tuned it somewhat bad for them. Any info would be helpfull, I dont even now if were to start what kind to get or if i even need 1 or if i can bring it to aa shop and retune/reprogram. When it comes to cars I can drive the **** out of them and highly mechenical but dont no cars. Thanks Tanker Truck

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I put a short shifter in I did go with the spt i think but it was done at the dealer. I mesured the travle of the stock an SPT short. I used to horizantal line in the 4 as my fixed point. It cuts the travle like to about 60%

Congrats on the car jesse

New 2012 DMG 5-Door on order

Jesse joined the turbo snail club today

Done anything else to the car lately?

Lets see, not really a lot. I've been working on winterizing the house for the past few weeks:

I ordered a set of perrin front and rear bushings. And a shorty antenna and I should be installing them this weekend. I changed the oil/filter this weekend (1300 miles), which took me about 1 hour with the jacking up of the car and all that. I made an absolute mess, but it was fun none-the-less. I removed all the badges except for the side WRXs (btw, i did it without removing the front bumper if anyone cares [you need a dremel tool, however]), and I'm not sure what I'm going to do with those yet. I've been tweaking things (head light angle, radar detector location, EZpass location, etc) to get it right before going to stage 2+.

OH! And I installed a black turbo snail decal onto the back of the car, so now my daughter thinks the car is a Pokemon named Turbosnail... I'm OK with that.

After that, all that's left is the PTP turbo blanket, Perrin Pitch stop, and STI Rear Sway (19 mm), Redline shift boot and brake boot, and Hella Horn... maybe fuel pump and an AOS if I find oil in the intake system. I'd like to see where how the tune falls into place first.

So far, all I have done are the opticoat (awesome), mudflaps (awesome), Cobb Shift ball (not bad), SPT boost gauge in the dual pod (not bad), avo throttle body hose (kinda a waste), Forge BPV (awesome), Cobb Heat Shield (not bad), full debadging (awesome).

I have, sitting in my basement waiting for install (i.e. waiting for Cobb to update their AP-003 for the 2013):
    AP-003, Process West TMIC, Perrin CAI with pre-filter, Perrin Turbo Inlet Hose, Cobb Catted DP, Innovate AFR Gauge, Grimmspeed EBCS - I think some other stuff but I forgot. Just waiting on the software from Cobb...

I was planning on doing a build thread, but I just haven't gotten around to it with it not being ready yet. I do love the car, so this should get me thinking about that again.

Quote Originally Posted by TankerTruck View Post
    OH! And I installed a black turbo snail decal onto the back of the car, so now my daughter thinks the car is a Pokemon named Turbosnail... I'm OK with that.
    That is awesome.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I still have your gaskets

Yeah, I know, I should get them but I don't really need them until I can get a tune, which means who knows when.

As a side note, do you want the shorty antenna I have? I think it's a Cusco or something. My Perrin should be in today.

And yes, I might, while driving my daughter home from daycare, have screamed "Turbo-Snail! I choose YOU!" before flooring it (all the while maintaining safe driving practices, of course)... things Dads do to get a laugh out of their kids.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.