New 2012 DMG 5-Door on order - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on New 2012 DMG 5-Door on order within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey man, at least now it's in your hands. Enjoy your ride!...

Hey man, at least now it's in your hands. Enjoy your ride!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

New 2012 DMG 5-Door on order

Here Jesse. I will post the pics for you

Our cars have the same paint code but they are not the same colorrrrr?

Car looks sweet Jesse. Congrats again!!

Yeah, FYI for those who care, the 2013 grey hatch is much more green-grey, while the 2011 sedan is much more blue-grey.

Either way they both look sexy.

Quote Originally Posted by TankerTruck View Post
    Oh yeah! to update:

I picked up my 2013 DMG hatch at 12:45 on Friday, 9/21. They promised me it for 12:00 (and it wasn't ready until 12:45, rolls eyes) - but at least I have it now. They also washed and waxed it, and we had agreed earlier in the week that they should just leave the plastic on - but whatever at this point - i got most of the swirls out before I opti-coated it today. The ordeal that was ordering/buying a subaru is over.

I"ll probably start a build thread to cover what I'm going to do/already have done. Sadly the cobb AP does not support 2013s yet, so I gotta come up with a way to tune it if I want to do the DP in the near future. I don't have a laptop, so the tactix and RomRaider might be a bit hard to pull off.

I took my 3-year old daughter on a ride last night to get milk, or something, and we did a pull in 1st and 2nd to 4,000 rpm +/-. Her response: "CAN WE DO THAT AGAIN?!" That's my girl!
    Congrats Tanker! Put all the BS bad stuff behind you buddy and fall in love with the car! Life is full of BS... let it go... and enjoy life with a new WRX!

Yeah, FYI for those who care, the 2013 grey hatch is much more green-grey, while the 2011 sedan is much more blue-grey.

Either way they both look sexy.
    Fekkin gorgeous brother! Enjoy!

Oh yeah! to update:

I picked up my 2013 DMG hatch at 12:45 on Friday, 9/21. They promised me it for 12:00 (and it wasn't ready until 12:45, rolls eyes) - but at least I have it now. They also washed and waxed it, and we had agreed earlier in the week that they should just leave the plastic on - but whatever at this point - i got most of the swirls out before I opti-coated it today. The ordeal that was ordering/buying a subaru is over.

I"ll probably start a build thread to cover what I'm going to do/already have done. Sadly the cobb AP does not support 2013s yet, so I gotta come up with a way to tune it if I want to do the DP in the near future. I don't have a laptop, so the tactix and RomRaider might be a bit hard to pull off.

I took my 3-year old daughter on a ride last night to get milk, or something, and we did a pull in 1st and 2nd to 4,000 rpm +/-. Her response: "CAN WE DO THAT AGAIN?!" That's my girl!
    I have 750 miles on mine and have only had it to 4500Rpm.... one more week... and I will release the hounds!

Quote Originally Posted by Oldus Maximus View Post
    I have 750 miles on mine and have only had it to 4500Rpm.... one more week... and I will release the hounds!
    Just get on it already. I drove mine like I stole it from day one. Now I cram 20 psi down its throat daily and it runs like a champ. Gotta seat those rings brotha

Hy Tanker Truck A question an to make a long and depressing story i was in an ATV accident suffered a TBI DAI 3 years ago, coma came out + 90 % paralyze having to relearn how to use my body. Accident done. 11 months later I needed a vehicle needed the gear rid of my Dodge Ram, weird situation and I was found incompetent to have MY money very wolf myself and struck by 22. Forced to off my truck I said I'm not sacrificing power for car. Was told to find an pick out a car so I narrowed it down to three . The Mazdaspeed3 , Mazda RX8, or the WRX. The WRX top all like to know how the Mazdaspeed3 was all around. I'm not an ass no I'd did not read your post for the reason to read about 10 times the forehead remember any of, reading for me goes read two paragraphs when done not remember the first one or much of the second. However if it's in their just tell. Thank you

Thats a cool daughter Sure you will have it easy with her in the Teens.

Having driven then RX-8 quite a bit, and the MS3 and now the WRX, I can say that my favorite (so far) is the wrx. It's not just because it's the newest, but because it fits the needs/wants I like in a car the best. It's taken me about 20 years to figure out what I like in a car vs what I have to have vs what I don't care about. Keep in mind this is all about a fun family car that I daily drive - so a 'do everything car'.

But in general:

The RX-8 is a nice car, but not for a family (I have two kids). It's sort of a 'torque-less wonder', and I believe is significantly underpowered for what it is. If that car had 300 hp, it'd be a ball to drive - but then the rotors would be scattered across the road most days, so I don't know. It does handle incredibly well, and is a pleasure to drive from that side of the coin.

The MS3 (the older body style anyway) is a nice car all-around. The newer face, and 'updates' they did brought the car away from what I was looking for (they dolled it up). I tend to like simple cars, with the money spent in the motor and tranny, and not in a fancy nav system or radio (my phone does that well, and for cheaper, too). The FWD and 300+ hp is something you learn to live with, but with the two kids, I can't take any chances on not being able to pick them up if we get 2'+ of snow and Worcester desides not to plow until the storm is over. So I needed all-wheel drive. The interior is nicer and radio is nicer in the MS3, and arguably fit and finish overall is nicer. They both respond well to mods. Really, I think they are the closest comparison out there, one being for FWD guys, one for AWD.

The WRX so far is almost a perfect car for me at this point in my life (maybe the STI would have been better, but I doubt I'd use most of the gizmos on it). The only two things I have a complaint about are the lack of somewhere to put my sunglasses (this is more annoying than anything else), and (this is a decently large issue) the fact that I have to run the rear child restraint anchors to the back of the hatchback, thereby rendering the hatch portion of my hatchback useless for anything larger than a small squirrel because the straps go all the way across the rear(the MS3 had them on the back of the rear seats). The rest was exactly as I expected - and I'm very happy with the car.

Quote Originally Posted by wrx50 View Post
    Just get on it already. I drove mine like I stole it from day one. Now I cram 20 psi down its throat daily and it runs like a champ. Gotta seat those rings brotha
    LOL! I agree! But let's talk in 6 years YOUNGSTER Wanna compare my car list to yours???

LOL! I agree! But let's talk in 6 years YOUNGSTER Wanna compare my car list to yours???
    Youngster huh? Are you sure you want to compare car lists? Oh yeah. And I don't care about my car six years from now. Bc I definitely won't have it haha. I'll be shocked if I have this thing for another year. But for the record the compression test the car had right before it was tuned 5k miles ago was awesome.
    Last edited by wrx50; 09-26-2012 at 02:50 AM.

You are younger than me wrx50... just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by wrx50 View Post
    Youngster huh? Are you sure you want to compare car lists? Oh yeah. And I don't care about my car six years from now. Bc I definitely won't have it haha. I'll be shocked if I have this thing for another year. But for the record the compression test the car had right before it was tuned 5k miles ago was awesome.
    Hey buddy, if I offended you I apologize. I just trust the Subaru engineers to give me the best info on breaking the car in.

Hey buddy, if I offended you I apologize. I just trust the Subaru engineers to give me the best info on breaking the car in.
    Haha. Not offended. Just putting my experience out there. This is a very controversial topic. Yes the manual says to baby it for the first 1k. I did not and my car is just fine. All I was saying

Jesse. You're just old

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast