New 2012 DMG 5-Door on order - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on New 2012 DMG 5-Door on order within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Car was ordered in June buddy.... still not here. Good Luck....

Car was ordered in June buddy.... still not here. Good Luck.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sigh... that's not a good sign at all. Supposedly the dealer is 'expecting to hear something monday', but we'll see. I might look around and see if there are any other cars in the area that meet my requirements (i.e. I can buy) if I don't find out something a little more concrete after 2 months+.

New 2012 DMG 5-Door on order

Quote Originally Posted by TankerTruck View Post
    what else am I supposed to do at lunch besides look at the nice boxes and drool a bit
    Fixed with awesomeness!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oh, that's just dirty!

Quote Originally Posted by TankerTruck View Post
    Sigh... that's not a good sign at all. Supposedly the dealer is 'expecting to hear something monday', but we'll see. I might look around and see if there are any other cars in the area that meet my requirements (i.e. I can buy) if I don't find out something a little more concrete after 2 months+.
    Hey maybe it's BS from my dealer??? I picked mine up 2 hours ago! Pics tomorrow!

Oh that's GREAT! My hopes have been rekindled on the back of you success!

So here's an update for those of you still interested:

After 8 weeks of waiting with absolutely no info, on Friday afternoon, I decided to push the dealer a bit and see where my car was, or if it can't be located, to get a refund and buy a slightly different one on someone elses lot.

So, at lunchtime, I call the dealer to make sure he's there, I leave work, drive 25 minutes to the dealership. I went in and spoke with my salesman, who doesn't even remember my name (not a good start in a sales-driven environment, particularly when you're in a form of sales yourself). So, that turns my dial from a 2 up to a 4 out of 10. I'm slightly annoyed, but mind you I have an incredibly long fuse.

I ask if he has any info on my car, and (I don't know if it was because I was in a suit or what, maybe he felt threatened?), he goes and gets his sales manager. About 5 minutes later (5/10 now), the sales manager come over and knows my name and gives me the general talk about not knowing and blah blah blah (6/10). I then tell him it's been 8 weeks, no info at all, so at this point you are free to refund my purchase, or you can find out where my car is, I'll give you the option (I thought this was VERY nice of me). He takes me into his office, and gives me a coffee (5/10, but it was crappy coffee so 6/10 again).

We do have an order number, and we start by calling Subaru of New England. This is all on speaker phone, so I hear most of the conversations. We go through the whole annoying process of having to ask for managers on top of managers, and eventually we get to a person who has a record of receiving that order number, but no further reference or info, and suggest we contact Subaur of North America (7/10 - even a good cup of coffee ain't helping this one at this point).

We call them, which was the a total waste of time. They gave me the 'we can't track it' line (8/10), which I neither believe or accept at this point - it might take some serious work, but you CAN track any car with a VIN. Eventually, we talk to some sales rep, who tries to give me the same line (9/10). At this point, I might have lost my cool a bit - but when I get mad I get really quiet and really serious. I don't yell or swear - I don't know if it was my time in the aArmy or what, but my anger is more of a 'I can watch you die right now and I wouldn't care in the least bit). The long and the short of it was I told them both that I'll be back at 5:25 PM (this put me 10/10 - the dealer said we close at 5; and turned as white as a sheet when I looked at him), if you don't have my VIN at that point, I expect my down payment sitting in a nice envelope in cash so I can go buy an Evo. And I expect the escrow along with the down payment as well (it's a great Massachusetts rule that most dealers hate to hear about, because none of them keep your down payment in escrow).

So I go back to work, yell at some people, kick some puppies, punch some babies, and generally have a bad day.

I go back to the dealer and get there at 5:23. I wait in my car until 5:25 because, well, F-you if you think a customer isn't important enough to wait 1/2-hour for. I said I'd be there at 5:25, I'll walk through your door at 5:25.

When I get into his office (at 5:25), the sales rep is sitting in his office witih a sheet of paper, and is on the phone with a (for once) intelligent SNA rep. Long story short, after about 100 apologies (which I hate, btw, lets just fix the issue and stop apologizing until we're done) the VON (order number) was never coverted into a VIN number (i.e. they got the order, they got the down payment, but it somehow got 'lost in production' between my dealer and Subaru). So I ask where's my money?, and actually start to dial the dealer in the next town (they have a PBP hatchback on the lot). They propose that they take a 2013 DMG hatch they have in port going to someone elses order (does this seem stupid to you?, wouldn't it just pass the issue down the line?), and send it to my dealer in 2 weeks once it clears customs or whatever it has to do. We'll give you the SPT STS you ordered with it for free. I say I want the STI bushings too. They agree and apologize again.

So the expected delivery date is Sept 28th, and I supposedly have a VIN. Woopie.

Moral of the story: DO NOT LET YOUR DEALER SAY 'BE PATIENT' if you want your car on time.

CN: ride your dealer like a cheap lady-of-the-night until you have a VIN.
    Last edited by TankerTruck; 09-17-2012 at 04:34 AM.

Wow. That's quite a study in poor service!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Yeah, I'm not sure who I should be mad at... the dealer? SNE? SNA?

What's worse is that some poor sap who wanted a DMG 2013 hatch is now screwed over because they screwed-up my order, and then screwed his up.

I'm still willing to bet that something else gets screwed up before I get my car. I'll keep you updated. As it stands now, my car will be sold on the 26th of September, so once I have my cash in hand, I'll be much more aggressive on getting a new car.
    Last edited by TankerTruck; 09-18-2012 at 06:58 AM.

You're so difficult and unreasonable Jesse.......

So, I called the sales manager. He basically said I was being difficult just to be difficult (I asked them not to wax it on the lot so I can opti-coat it first without having to strip it - maybe abnormal, but not a particularly difficult or unreasonable request in my mind). I'm not going to even say what was said between myself and the sales manager after that. There was a point where I said I want my deposit back so I can go to a dealer who actually wants to earn my business (that's their tag line) and he said "F-you if you are thinking you are getting your deposit back". He then goes on a big tangent how he's doing me a favor and calling the port to find out where the car is (mind you this is after THEY screwed up the order).

Basically, my car will be here Friday I guess - and the mess that is ordering a subaru will be over. I almost don't want it after today. At this point, I feel that I should have never left my mazda dealer, and just got a new MS3... we'll leave it at that. I'll give names and final grades once all this is over (I still hope they can make amends on this and come through for me).

This car better be flippin' fun.
    Last edited by TankerTruck; 09-18-2012 at 03:18 PM.

If it helps you at all, I'm trading in my MS3 on this WRX. So I liked it enough to part with a car that I've had 20 months.

Oh, I like the WRX much better, and I'm sure I'm going to love the car. It's the just whole dealer/delivery experience that has been so bad, I miss the ease and simplicity of working with my Mazda dealer.

Hopefully I just found a bad subaru dealer and future work can help me find a much better one in my area.

Congrats on the car Jesse!!!

Oh yeah! to update:

I picked up my 2013 DMG hatch at 12:45 on Friday, 9/21. They promised me it for 12:00 (and it wasn't ready until 12:45, rolls eyes) - but at least I have it now. They also washed and waxed it, and we had agreed earlier in the week that they should just leave the plastic on - but whatever at this point - i got most of the swirls out before I opti-coated it today. The ordeal that was ordering/buying a subaru is over.

I"ll probably start a build thread to cover what I'm going to do/already have done. Sadly the cobb AP does not support 2013s yet, so I gotta come up with a way to tune it if I want to do the DP in the near future. I don't have a laptop, so the tactix and RomRaider might be a bit hard to pull off.

I took my 3-year old daughter on a ride last night to get milk, or something, and we did a pull in 1st and 2nd to 4,000 rpm +/-. Her response: "CAN WE DO THAT AGAIN?!" That's my girl!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast