New 2012 DMG 5-Door on order - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on New 2012 DMG 5-Door on order within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Welcome to the Club!...

FMS

Welcome to the Club!
    OPEN 7 Days a week|We match and beat advertised prices and sales|855.447.8288

AOL Instant Messenger: FlatlineMotorsports.mason@gmail.com

Link: Flatline Motorsports Online Store
    Link: Flatline Motorsports Facebook

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TankerTruck
    Just to update the already-bought mod list for a car that doesn't even exist yet:

Cobb AP with the holder-thing from rally sport direct
    SMY cluster
    SPT Boost gauge
    Innovate AFR Gauge & Kit for install (ordered today while I was reading this forum)
    RA Mudflaps
    Magnaflow 3" Exhaust
    Invidia Catted DP with Grimspeed Gaskets all around (out to welder once I get the extra bung)
    Exhaust hangers
    Cobb Heat shield
    Forge BPV
    Winter Tires & 2004 WRX rims (painted black)

That should be it for a while, as I want to get tint and a front clear bra...except for maybe I'll get a short antenna so I'm not looking like a big RC car ... and maybe a Grimspeed EBCS...and a PW TMIC (or maybe FMIC)... and a Cobb SR & Box... and those grill things to protect my hood scoop and radiator (and FMIC!)

... and probably a divorce attorney...
    Jesse. You better slow down. It's going to take us a solid day to install all of these parts! I can't wait. Just remember you're helping me with my brake upgrade

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I'll help if you don't mind a couple kids running around 'helping'. Doing mechanical stuff is a whole new level of difficult when you are 'assisted' but a 2 year old boy with plastic tools.

And do you know what makes the wait even worse:

When I pick up my 3 year old daughter from day care for the past 3 days, the first words out of her mouth are not "HI DADDY!". Oh no! I hear: "Did you get your NEW car yet?"

That will definitely make the wait worse. As far as kids using plastic tools on my car.....I have a garage to haha. You can use it as a break. Jk 😁

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

For those of you who care: Yeah, I'm still waiting for my car... heard nothing yet.

So looking back on my 'should be it for a while' note above - i ordered the Grimspeed EBCS and the Cobb SR & Box (used/new) last week.

I was trying to sell my DP and exhaust (trying to do the fatherly thing), but with the amount of interest in them, I might just keep them and try to get a local custom exhaust shop to quiet it down enough to be liveable for us all. Now I just have to send it to the welder to get the DP welded with a 2nd bung.

How long did people wait for their cars, btw? I've seen 10 weeks as a high number. I ordered July 15th, so... Sept 15th hopefully?

You need a protune for that EBCS otherwise you're going to break stuff.
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

Yeah, I've already been in touch with Eric at torqued, as well as a local tuner, to see what they thought, but thanks for the heads up. All I really have left is a larger intercooler (not sure FM or TM... I have an issue messing with the front bumper beam as it's a DD and I live in honda minivan heaven), and then my build is done, motor-wise anyway.

No... really... it is...

FMIC FTW!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How are people getting '13s when not all '12 orders have bee fulfilled yet?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346365947.079811.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	54.8 KB 
ID:	107940

I'd seriously bet I get a 2013 and a small increase in price at the dealer, but we'll see. I don't care too much if it's the same as the 2012.
    Last edited by TankerTruck; 08-31-2012 at 04:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TankerTruck View Post
    I'd seriously bet I get a 2013 and a small increase in price at the dealer, but we'll see. I don't car too much if it's the same as the 2012.
    Tanker i'm waiting on a '12 that was supposed to be here on Aug. 10th.... Delivery has been delayed to the 20th then the 28th now I am being told 2 more weeks. My dealer has said that east coast guys will not see their '13,s for another 45-60 days.

That's not at all what I wanted to hear. When did you order Oldus?

Jesse will you get that f***ing thing already. I want to bolt things and stuff onto it

Just updating my mods list because ... well... I don't have the car so what else am I supposed to do at lunch besides look at the nice boxes and drool a bit. In an attempt to cool the sound of the car down, and avoid problems with the wife (and for my son's hearing) and local law-enforcement (cause I'm in Mass and our elected officals can't write a law that is easy for everyone to understand to save their lives):

Cobb AP with the holder-thing from rally sport direct
    Cobb Intake and box
    SMY cluster
    SPT Boost gauge
    Innovate AFR Gauge & Kit
    RA Mudflaps (Black w/dark grey logo)
    Cobb Heat shield
    Cobb Shift Knob (red)
    Forge BPV
    Winter Tires & 2004 WRX rims (painted black)
    Perrin Stubby antenna
    Grimspeed EBCS

Hoping to get a mildly used Cobb Catted DP as well on the OEM exhaust. I'll also be shopping for either a cobb CBE or an SPT CBE... whichever is quieter/sounds better on the hatch. This should get me back to stage two with only a little bit of extra cost from my pesky 2 year old son. Sure I'll lose a bit of HP with the OEM, but it's gonna be fun to be a sleeper (for now). He better appreciate this when he gets older...

Then it'll be sways & endlinks, and then a new intercooler with a tune, and then I'm done, for realz. That should still get me to my goal of right around 300 hp/300tq in my grocery getting, (2) kid-toting car, and be fun to drive on my way through-the-woods-on-a-narrow-twisty-road home.
    Last edited by TankerTruck; 09-04-2012 at 09:41 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast