Incoming '12 SWP WRX Sedan owner!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Incoming '12 SWP WRX Sedan owner! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ordered my WRX Basic about three weeks ago and the dealer said it should be in by 7/26! Residing in ...

Incoming '12 SWP WRX Sedan owner!

Ordered my WRX Basic about three weeks ago and the dealer said it should be in by 7/26! Residing in Honolulu, HI I only had a decision between choosing the basic WRX or waiting until September for a 2013 WRX Limited. Fortunately the dealer said I could add in the fog lights and the spoiler found in the limited version! I've been trying to get the dealer to put an STi wing on it instead because tbh it looks a lot more aesthetically pleasing than the WRX spoiler; but the dealer said it would void my warranty if I put it on and I would have to have a 3rd party do it instead of the dealer. The consequences of only having one Subaru dealer on the island I suppose =/

Not sure what to do to the car yet because of fear of breaking warranty. Any ideas?

Coming from a '94 Corolla with 205k miles on it, I'm ready for a new change from this old beater that's on it's deathbed

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx94 View Post
    Fortunately the dealer said I could add in the fog lights and the spoiler found in the limited version!
    The fog lights are accessories that can be added to any trim ,not just the limited. Cost about $300 in mainland US.

Quote Originally Posted by wrx94 View Post
    I've been trying to get the dealer to put an STi wing on it instead because tbh it looks a lot more aesthetically pleasing than the WRX spoiler; but the dealer said it would void my warranty if I put it on

This sounds preposterous. So adding the spoiler from the Limited,which would also involve drilling the trunk, would not void the warranty. But doing the same to put on an STI wing would?

If the limited wing is an option provided by the dealer won't that have to be installed by a third party too?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

The STi wing creates downforce that the WRX suspension cannot handle.

wait, the limited edition has a different spoiler than the base? i thought they are all the same?

I Support ClubWRX
    I think the base does not come with a spoiler standard. It is an option. Whereas all Premiums & Limiteds come with a spoiler standard.

T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    I think the base does not come with a spoiler standard. It is an option. Whereas all Premiums & Limiteds come with a spoiler standard.
    This ^

And the premium also comes with fogs, only the base doesn't.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Hung_Wei_Lo View Post
    The STi wing creates downforce that the WRX suspension cannot handle.
    Hah... Hahahahahahahaha..... Hahgahahahahahahahaha

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Setting aside the ridiculousness of that claim from the dealership...if it would cause issues with the warranty, wouldn't it be like every other mod's effect on the warranty? It would just allow them to refuse the fix if it was caused by that specifc mod (ie: fault directly linked to mod)
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post

got it. i was thinking about the hatchback.

all hb comes with the same spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by spirited09wrx View Post
    Setting aside the ridiculousness of that claim from the dealership...if it would cause issues with the warranty, wouldn't it be like every other mod's effect on the warranty? It would just allow them to refuse the fix if it was caused by that specifc mod (ie: fault directly linked to mod)
    That's what I was thinking, and I probably will put it on anyways. I don't see what will cause problems aside from maybe the trunk itself from installing the wing. It seems like the dealer refuses to have an STi wing on a WRX because it's not an STi.

I Support ClubWRX
    More like the dealer does not want to go to the trouble of getting an STI wing & installing it for you,when he can have the limited wing installed at port & make more of a profit on it.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Say if there is a problem with my car, will I have to go through my dealer or SoA to fix it through warranty? I have a feeling if it's through SoA they will overlook the wing but if I go to the dealer they will somehow find a way to bring the wing into it.

I Support ClubWRX
    Since you have only 1 dealer,there isn't much of a choice. If an issue arises,you have to take it to your dealer & they will submit warranty claims to SOA.

The wing shouldn't be an issue for warranty repairs.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Alright so hopefully if bad luck does come to me, it won't happen to the trunk haha. I know the wing is heavy and all, but has any WRX owner have problems due to the wing? The only thing I've read was that it was heavy enough that the trunk would pop open by itself only halfway and the rest would have to be done by a person which isn't something bad at all.

Hope they'll get me the wing because they already messed up the color of the car I wanted and my shipment was moved back a month because they messed up on my order =/

Just woke up this morning from the dealer saying the boat will dock tonight! They said it'll take a day or two for the car to clear customs and head to the dealership but it'll soon be in my hands! Can't wait!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast