Upcoming WRX Owner!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Upcoming WRX Owner! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well, after years of lusting after a WRX, I made the decision to take the plunge. Problem is I can't ...

Talking Upcoming WRX Owner!

Well, after years of lusting after a WRX, I made the decision to take the plunge. Problem is I can't find a 2012 (near my area) to save my life!

Luckily I got an informative call yesterday from a dealer saying one more allocation of WRX's was coming through dealerships in this area, so my hopes are high that I will finally be able to own and experience a dream car of mine!

Just wanted to introduce myself here and say that I've been lurking the boards on/off for a long time, and that environment here seems very positive and helpful, a rare thing. I look forward to being involved here in the future.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome! I too am new to the Subie scene as well as clubwrx.net, but the forum seems cool and lots of helpful people on here. Definitely let us know when you do find your WRX.

Mighty,

Thanks. Will update when I locate the one. Supposed to find out exactly what my options are tomorrow, so we shall see.

hello!, I'm new to the site too and was wondering if you guys know how reliable is the wrx because I'm planning on picking one up. Right now i got a 8th gen civic si and I'm getting tire of it, need more power. Thanks in advance.....

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the forum

Just make sure you aren't paying too much. Seems like some dealers are asking way too much for 2012s which seem to be in high demand.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

distommy,

I am coming from an 8th gen civic ex, which I love for the mileage/styling/reliability, but I too crave something a bit more fun to drive. As for reliability, I would like to think Subaru is pretty high in that regard but we need some more experienced owners to comment on that.

Nierian thanks for the reply and yes i love my fg2 but it's time for a change so hopefully someone on this forum that has the 11-12 wrx would reply to my question.

Rage,

Thanks. I'm usually a bit of a haggler when it comes to cars, however I feel I've lost my footing this time. Hard to hold much bargaining power when dealers know you've been waiting for a WRX for a while. They also know my options are few, but either way I've got some options now, so I must make the decision to grab one of the incoming units or gamble on the next batch.

First off, welcome to the forum!

These cars are reliable as long as you don't do anything bone-headed with them. Just like any car, if you abuse it, it will let you know. If you mod it, depending on how much, then you up the risk of things breaking. Treat a rex well and it will treat you well!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Calvinball, Thanks for your reply and yes what you said is so true. by the way how do you like your subie hatch?

good luck with your search, but unsure why people still trying to hunt down a 2012 when 2013 may be around the corner?

Love it!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Quote Originally Posted by luckyone.666 View Post
    good luck with your search, but unsure why people still trying to hunt down a 2012 when 2013 may be around the corner?
    Thanks. I'm after a 2012 because I'd like to close a deal sooner than later, and I know that I like 2012's. I might like a 2013 even more, who knows? I'm guessing there will be no major changes, from no more concrete information than I've heard. Plus, at this rate it seems like it's going to be a few more months before 2013's surface. Regardless of year, I'm excited about being a Subaru owner in the near future!

Quote Originally Posted by Nierian View Post
    Well, after years of lusting after a WRX, I made the decision to take the plunge. Problem is I can't find a 2012 (near my area) to save my life!

Luckily I got an informative call yesterday from a dealer saying one more allocation of WRX's was coming through dealerships in this area, so my hopes are high that I will finally be able to own and experience a dream car of mine!

Just wanted to introduce myself here and say that I've been lurking the boards on/off for a long time, and that environment here seems very positive and helpful, a rare thing. I look forward to being involved here in the future.
    Good luck. I have been searching for a WRX hatchback for two/three weeks now and they are hard to find. I searched all the dealership inventory (via their websites) in NC, SC, VA, GA, MD and personally contacted just about all of them in NC. If you are looking for the hatchback, the only dealerships that have them right now, a black hatchback in northern va (Herndon), a blue sedan in fredricksburg, and a couple of them i found in PA. Also one dealership in Greensville NC, just contacted me and they had a black base model that just came in. As you said most of the dealerships will not budge too much off the MSRP for a 2012 model since they are hard to come by and usually sell very quickly.

I got lucky and another dealership in NC contacted me about a blue on coming in and they were willing to drop the price a little. so I jumped all over it. The ETA is July 30 th, I am very excited.

GOOD LUCK!!!
    Last edited by longstic13; 07-22-2012 at 01:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by longstic13 View Post
    Good luck. I have been searching for a WRX hatchback for two/three weeks now and they are hard to find. I searched all the dealership inventory (via their websites) in NC, SC, VA, GA, MD and personally contacted just about all of them in NC. If you are looking for the hatchback, the only dealerships that have them right now, a black hatchback in northern va (Herndon), a blue sedan in fredricksburg, and a couple of them i found in PA. Also one dealership in Greensville NC, just contacted me and they had a black base model that just came in. As you said most of the dealerships will not budge too much off the MSRP for a 2012 model since they are hard to come by and usually sell very quickly.

I got lucky and another dealership in NC contacted me about a blue on coming in and they were willing to drop the price a little. so I jumped all over it. The ETA is July 30 th, I am very excited.

GOOD LUCK!!!
    Congrats on finding your wrx! I have found a few, but the available units were not of the right color/option combinations for me. I was after a white hatch base with a few options, and I have come to find that everyone else is as well. I'm hoping to hear of more possibilities soon, if not, the dealers all seem to think production will pick up for 2013's...sigh.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast