New 2012 Suby

This is a discussion on New 2012 Suby within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Today I rolled my new grey 2012 Subaru WRX limited 5 door off the lot. I started researching internet forums ...

New 2012 Suby

Today I rolled my new grey 2012 Subaru WRX limited 5 door off the lot. I started researching internet forums and stopped here because it wasn't exclusively a tuning site. My car has PLENTY of power and I want to keep it a long ime.

I only have 120 miles on my car... I have read and heard several different things about the break in period. Anything from 1000 to 3000 miles. What do you guys recommend?

pmraiders

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Follow the owners manual. Nobody else recommending anything has designed, assembled, and supported a Subaru motor.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

agreed - great!! how many miles you get her with?? (got my 2011 with 6 miles) but as SD_GR suggested, under 4k (rpm) for the first 1k miles. but always good to give her a little (hit boost and feel what you paid for) to set her up right. Everyone has their own opinion, if you have the cash might as well change the oil at 1,000 miles just for good looks. have fun my dude!

The owners manual says how to break in the car. this is a very controversial matter. I for one did not follow it and drove it like I stole it and I cram 20 psi down its throat every day and dont use a drop of oil. use your own judgement and when all else fails follow the owners manual.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx50 View Post
    when all else fails follow the owners manual.
    Wouldn't it be too late then?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.