Possibly a new Subaru owner. - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Possibly a new Subaru owner. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Rex_Harrison Actually 12' STI's are faster in a straight line than a 12' evo x. The Evo ...

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Harrison View Post
    Actually 12' STI's are faster in a straight line than a 12' evo x. The Evo x just does everything else better like handling, braking, and to most it even looks better than the Sti. The Evo is a much more superior track car.
    This. Although the STi makes for a better commuter.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Lol that is true, most of my friends like going to the drag. The one who blew his clutch on the evo x is down to hit the track. I think I might get a subaru, but i need to get things sorted out first. Thanks for the tips!

zax
    Quote Originally Posted by Illfamed View Post
    Lol that is true, most of my friends like going to the drag. The one who blew his clutch on the evo x is down to hit the track. I think I might get a subaru, but i need to get things sorted out first. Thanks for the tips!
    This always amazes me. I'm on the stock clutch at 100K miles, and have never had a clutch go before 135K miles. What do these people DO to these cars??

Facebook me here

They use 2 step way to much, my friend blew his because he used it 3 times in a row. If you launch to hard or do it wrong you can blow out any clutch. Evos stock clutch is just crap.

I Support ClubWRX
    Where in nor cal

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Woodland, do you know where that is?

If you don't care about AWD, or having a hatchback, I'm not sure whether the WRX is right for you. It's a great car, but I don't really feel like it's about no holds barred performance. I think of it more like a practical DD that's incredibly fun to drive. STI makes fewer compromises, but there are still compromises

zax
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilTwinf0f1 View Post
    If you don't care about AWD, or having a hatchback, I'm not sure whether the WRX is right for you. It's a great car, but I don't really feel like it's about no holds barred performance. I think of it more like a practical DD that's incredibly fun to drive. STI makes fewer compromises, but there are still compromises
    Personally, I think the STi makes more compromises. It is more of a track breed. Less DD.

Facebook me here

I care about AWD but not so much for the hatch. I had a jetta that had great mpg, I'm just looking for something a lot more faster. I don't get crazy weather conditions where I live so I don't need AWD.

Can anyone tell me what was the first thing you blew on your subaru, what are there weakness.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    ive never had anything blow up on my car. it's lightly modded and i keep it up to date with all maintenance. i've never launched it or dumped the clutch but i have taken it to the track once and the autox course.

treat your car nicely and it will treat you nicely

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX
    Well, everybody drives differently, so wear items are going to be all over the map. Personally, my 9 year old bugeye has been bulletproof for the ~20k miles I've had it. It's at 95k now and the only repair (other than when I t-boned) was a worn-out radiator hose that got a tear in it. I replaced the clutch as well, but I blame driving habits for that, not the car.

Other than the aforemetioned items, every single thing is rock solid, as you should expect out of any modern car.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Banned
    You should definitely buy a Prius, they're really good on gas and the styling has improved over the years. It's suprisingly quick and fiesty, it doesn't quite turn on a dime it's more like a nickel, but still we're just splitting hairs here.

I Support ClubWRX
    ^^Trololololo....
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

These are the guys I hang out with, they don't except many imports unless you can hang. I plan on upping this subaru like crazy, I just want to know whats the order I need to upgrade parts. (stages) Thats why I'm depending on finding someone in norcal/this forum to help me mod. I don't need to know if I drive slow forever nothing will break. Thats why I'm leaning more on getting an evo because I have a lot of friends that can help.

edited for NSFW links.. --Ray
    Last edited by RayfieldsWRX; 07-13-2012 at 07:45 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.