New 2012 WRX Hatch Finally Arrived!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on New 2012 WRX Hatch Finally Arrived! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Picked up my Ice Silver Hatch this past weekend. Messing around with the iphone app Camera 360... The day I ...

New 2012 WRX Hatch Finally Arrived!

Picked up my Ice Silver Hatch this past weekend. Messing around with the iphone app Camera 360...

The day I picked her up!

So far I love the new hatch. The thing that stands out the most to me is the suspension and handling of the car in stock form. It is really well done, but could still use some thicker sways to minimize the body roll even more. The car drives wonderfully and I have not had a chance to really see what the boxer engine feels like as I am still in the 1000 mile break in period. Tint next week, Cobb Shifter knob in the mail and the Subaru red illumination kit and sun visor in the mail as well. The dealership did not get my extendable armrest shipped in time to pick up the car so I told them to mail it to my house. I will do a nice write up on the things to come. The ice silver really looks so much better in person I love the color.
    2012 WRX Hatchback ISM - Base Model - STI STS, SPT Boost Gauge, AEM Intake, TP Stage 1 Tune, red illumination kit, cobb shift knob, 20% tint - currently on stock wheels wrapped in Pirelli Winter Carving Edge Tires
    Some cool tidbits to come...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    very nice. I love that ice silver, looks great.

Congrats mine is about a month old. Enjoy!

Congrats and welcome!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I still don't understand the footwell illumination thing. It's extra money you spend on seeing where you can put your feet? I wouldn't rip it out if I had it in my car, but I don't think I could justify spending however much it is to get it. But I think I like the new hatches, but everyone has one. Sedans FTW!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    I still don't understand the footwell illumination thing. It's extra money you spend on seeing where you can put your feet? I wouldn't rip it out if I had it in my car, but I don't think I could justify spending however much it is to get it.
    It's a safety feature Drews. When you're up to your waist in water and you dropped your emergency glass breaker down near your feet, how else are you gonna see to find it!? Goggles!?
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    It's a safety feature Drews. When you're up to your waist in water and you dropped your emergency glass breaker down near your feet, how else are you gonna see to find it!? Goggles!?
    A good Subaru owner always carries is diving equipment within arms reach.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

I Support ClubWRX
    Congratulations on the purchase.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Thanks! The red illumination kit was only like 35 bucks and it will look more complete with the rest of the red gauge cluster and lighting in the car
    2012 WRX Hatchback ISM - Base Model - STI STS, SPT Boost Gauge, AEM Intake, TP Stage 1 Tune, red illumination kit, cobb shift knob, 20% tint - currently on stock wheels wrapped in Pirelli Winter Carving Edge Tires

Had anyone else had any issues with their Iphone 4 not playing through the USB port correctly? I can switch through songs but can switch through playlists???

Should be getting the cobb shift knob, sun visor, and illumination kit today...

Also ordered a short antenna and the rear shifter bushing as the STI STS that came from the factory is just the short throw shifter and did not include any bushing upgrades so even though the throw is nice, the feel is still a bit loose and I hope that the rear shifter bushing really tightens it down.

And how did you get your plates the day of? Mine came in a few days before yours and I still dont have mine. They said it will be mailed in.
    2012 SWP 5door Premium!!!

Congrats on the new ride! you are going to love it! any plans for the car?

instagram has ruined photography.....

Thanks! I am loving the car so far... just finally nearing 1000 miles!!! I have not really got into the power yet so I am excited to see what she can do.

Will post up some pictures this week - installed the red light kit, red cobb shift knob and I am getting the windows tinted Thursday!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.