New owner being hassled by the man about exhaust - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on New owner being hassled by the man about exhaust within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by rage-wrx May be a coincidence. Is this the same car? http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/new-me...ng-hiatus.html Looks like a different hood....

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    May be a coincidence. Is this the same car? Back after a long hiatus
    Looks like a different hood.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    May be a coincidence. Is this the same car? Back after a long hiatus
    It does look really similar I think that one is an 02 mine is 04. But I think I have those same rims w/o caps.

Huh... I see and hear so many cars that are probably as loud as yours that never get pulled over. Maybe I'm just crazy...

Well, either way it is a nice WRX!

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Don't WOT everywhere.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanala View Post
    Huh... I see and hear so many cars that are probably as loud as yours that never get pulled over. Maybe I'm just crazy...

Well, either way it is a nice WRX!
    Thank you for your compliment! But seriously this is what is really getting to me. Right now at my old house there are constant motorcycle processions cruising scenic highway 72. It can take five minutes of one motorcycle after another with all sorts of different sounding loud exhausts going by before you can hear yourself think. And I live in a valley with a mountain pass going over it and all day long there are engine breaks echoing loudly from the top. Why should I care if my exhaust is loud? Seriously I don't care. I don't think it's very loud; not compared to motorcycles and semis.

I Support ClubWRX
    Motorcycles and semis don't have to conform to the same rules as we do...or at least they don't around here. A Harley can legally be as loud as he wants. I'm not a fan of that twist, either, though for different reasons. I'd rather that they had some upper limit on what they can run...hurts my ears.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Motorcycles and semis don't have to conform to the same rules as we do...or at least they don't around here. A Harley can legally be as loud as he wants. I'm not a fan of that twist, either, though for different reasons. I'd rather that they had some upper limit on what they can run...hurts my ears.
    You're just old...turn down your hearing aid.

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

I Support ClubWRX
    LOL, I'll need one in a few years. My hearing sucks more with each passing birthday.

Too much Iron Maiden...
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    LOL, I'll need one in a few years. My hearing sucks more with each passing birthday.

Too much Iron Maiden...
    If it makes you feel any better, I'll probably be drawing at least 30% disability from the military when I get out. Darned server rooms are so loud.

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    If it makes you feel any better, I'll probably be drawing at least 30% disability from the military when I get out. Darned server rooms are so loud.
    I thought they were doing away with the hearing related disability, since we're issued ear pro. Maybe that's just the army though.....
    Hawkeye Alliance #1050
    Build Thread
    http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/...ps665d9b9d.jpg
    Always dirty, never scurred......

Too much Iron Maiden...
    what?
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

Well I'm gonna keep blasting house music until that becomes illegal

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by gregroot198521 View Post
    I thought they were doing away with the hearing related disability, since we're issued ear pro. Maybe that's just the army though.....
    It is. You guys have stupid little rules. You can't issue us earpro and then expect us to get work done in a server room. It's already hard enough for us to hear over the fans, let alone with something plugging up your ear hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Glyndiana_J View Post
    Well I'm gonna keep blasting house music until that becomes illegal
    I don't know how it is in other states, but in FL it's a 1st amendment violation to cite someone for playing loud music in their car.

FYI for the OP:

CBE = Catback exhaust = only the very last part of the exhaust, from the front of the car back this one starts after the catalytic converter

TBE = Turboback exhaust = all the exhaust from the turbo to the tips. This includes the catalytic converter and may even delete it (catless)

Axleback is basically just the muffler(s) and tip(s). Different from the catback because the catback includes a pipe between the mufflers and the catalytic converter.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    FYI for the OP:

just the tip(s)
    Are you trying to play Mrs. Robinson over here to the OP??
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast