Love. It's what makes a Subaru, a Subaru.

This is a discussion on Love. It's what makes a Subaru, a Subaru. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just picked up a (new to me) 05 STi and I couldn't be happier. I was very sad to see ...

Love. It's what makes a Subaru, a Subaru.

Just picked up a (new to me) 05 STi and I couldn't be happier. I was very sad to see my 04 Wrx leave but sometimes that's how it goes I suppose. Took me over five months of looking but I think I found one of the less modified 05 STis out there but it almost seems like Invidia exhausts come standard after so many years..lol. Other than that it appears to be lowered with black springs that I have yet to be able to identify. Looking forward to finding some new suspension, a down pipe for the cat back and some tint. Already started her off with a set of RE11s and a Cobb ap.

Just wanted to thank all the very informative members on this site and all the great stickied FAQs. Wish everyone luck with the current builds and projects as they are entertaining reads and always informative.

Pics for those interested! (also included my gf's new 12 Impreza)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20120709_190927.jpg   IMG_20120709_191028.jpg   IMG_20120709_191015.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Congrats and welcome!

What suspension mods are you looking at doing? Whatever springs are on there, the car looks like it's stock height. Are you sure they're not stock? In my old age I can't remember what color the stock springs are but I think they're black...
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

I could be wrong but I had driven a few before this and one seemed firmer and just seems to ride rougher. Also as it seems with all cars when purchased you see them all over afterwards and I saw a very stock black one that I thought was about an inch taller. But maybe gravity has just taken its toll. I had been doing as much reading as I can on the suspension forums but I hadn't been able to make a decision.

I was very interested into looking into tien with the hopes of getting efdc in the long run. Friend of mine is interested in running in some scca events and I am hoping to put together a decent setup for some track time but something that will ride decent on the road. Looked through the suspension forums but there are a lot brands i am not familiar with. Had tokico struts on a previous car and they were nice but there customer service was abysmal when one of the tops of the struts broke off. Probably 22mm bars front and back.. wasn't sure if there is a better brand than any others.

Welcome!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Nice!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the forum
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Welcome and congrats on finding yourself a clean STi!
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Congrats on a clean suby!