Which One to buy.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Which One to buy. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello i am new to all the subarus out there but i just cant stand driving my mustang anymore because ...

Which One to buy.

Hello i am new to all the subarus out there but i just cant stand driving my mustang anymore because it kills me in the winter time. Heres my problem. This is going to be a little vauge and I am sure you get these types of quesitons alot so please try to bare with me here ill try to give as much information as i can and tell you what i know.. it wont be that bad.

I recently came across Two 2004 Wrx's from the same dealer last week. Hes got One that is Silver And i have test drivin it. it didnt seem to have any problems that i know of But the only problem is it has 151k Miles on it. I do believe It is mostly stock. i really believe the mufflers are stock because it isnt LOUD. quiet. started right up like a normal car. The dealer said it only had one owner...(a 68 year old lady) Who has put alot of highway miles on it from colorado to nebraska. She traded it in to get another brand new subaru.. I have looked at the Carfax on it. and everything looks legit, It scored a 84 and everything was green. no accidents or anything like that. It was clean. The only problem.. 151k miles on it. the dealer says hes personally knows the lady...(heh) (yeah sure?)...Hes asking 10,500 for it

now he also has another one. a 2004 Subaru Black. that one looks like it has been moded. It seems like it has a bigger muffler in the back and its got an STI spoiler on it tented windows black wheels.. It has 70k Miles on it. but the only problem is that its not drivable. He told me they had it towed in and it only had one owner. He said he doesnt know anything about it. he is ordering a new timing belt for it and 2 options are going to happen...eaither its not going to run at all or its going to run right. even if that means it needs a new motor. (thats what he told me). he said its going to take him a week until he can tear into the motor and find out whats wrong with it. he is asking 13,900 for that one.(after he fixes it)

The only problem is that i dont want to risk buying the silver one if it has 151k miles on it. I really do plan on making necessary upgrades to either one i buy. But i am thinking i have a better shot at being able to upgrade the black one and having it run stable sense it only has 70k miles on it. But on the other had the black one is more expensive..but if i buy the silver one I will have more money in the bank to make the necessary upgrades. the only problem is i dont want to have all these things start going out on the silver once i start making upgrades to it If it is stock. I am not sure what to do

thank you. Please

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You can find much better deals

neither. it is tough to say what has or hasnt been done to either one of them. but I know what I have done to mine that has 17k on it and for that very reason I would never buy a used WRX unless it had very very very low miles. just my opinion.

Thanks I will take your opinion into consideration. I just gotta keep my mind open more i guess. damn these things are selling like hotcakes.

Nice Subaru!!!!

Agreed with those guys. The one that doesn't run...you should be running away from that. That smells like disaster.

And the one that supposedly a 68 year old woman put 150k miles on? Well, no matter what, that's a lot of miles. But a 68 year old woman with a WRX? I suppose it could be true.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.