My VIN is IN!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on My VIN is IN! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just got the good news and wanted to share it with you guys (and girls). Well, I can't believe it's ...

My VIN is IN!

Just got the good news and wanted to share it with you guys (and girls).

Well, I can't believe it's been this long. I called SOA so many times that 3 of the reps there already know me well. So on July 2nd, they were able to tell me that my ride was on a vessel heading to Washington. For some reason the VIN was not assigned to me before it rolled onto the boat. Then because of the holiday, it took a while for them to get things sorted out but it reached port on the 3rd and I just got my VIN 30 mins ago. My ETA is 8/6 but waiting till then really doesn't seem like a big deal after how long I have already waited.

The bad part was that the loan I had already applied and gotten approved for is gonna expire on 7/27. I was able to make a quick call to my credit union and invalidate the first blank check that they sent me and request another though. The new blank one should be in some time next week. Time to make some calls to get insurance squared away!
    2012 Limited World Rally Blue Pearl Subaru Impreza World Rally Xross Sedan ...
    ...On order since 4/14/2012; Received VIN 7/4/2012; ETA 8/6/2012; Delivered 8/9/2012
    OTS AP Stage 1 9/15/2012

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Awesome story Bro

I Support ClubWRX
    That's very cool man. I know from my experience of ordering the car through Subaru was a wild ordeal. Love the car tho.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by dgearha3 View Post
    Awesome story Bro
    YTMND
    ...On order since 4/14/2012; Received VIN 7/4/2012; ETA 8/6/2012; Delivered 8/9/2012
    OTS AP Stage 1 9/15/2012

That's awesome, congrats! One step closer
    2012 WRB WRX Sedan ...
    BPanda Build
    ...On order since 5/14/2012
    ...Picked up on 6/29/2012

nice congrats

sounds very familiar.. I was unsure if my loan would expire as well but then my car finally came in last weekend. My insurance went up from a 2005 Volvo S60R... which seems odd but they told me that it was because it is a brand new car and if I got into an accident then they would have to basically buy me a new one
    2012 WRX Hatchback ISM - Base Model - STI STS, SPT Boost Gauge, AEM Intake, TP Stage 1 Tune, red illumination kit, cobb shift knob, 20% tint - currently on stock wheels wrapped in Pirelli Winter Carving Edge Tires
    Some cool tidbits to come...

What insurance did you end up going with? I'm trying to decide between Allstate and Liberty Mutual. My parents have everything insured with Allstate. When I bought my civic a little over 3 years ago I had my dad sign as the other owner of it with me so I could get a lower rate with their bundling discounts. I'll be moving out next year once I'm a good chunk of the way through my college loans so it may get a little messy if I have my dad sign as a secondary owner on the WRX. But without him doing that, my rates are ridiculously high with Allstate. Liberty Mutual actually came out about $100 cheaper every 6 months even without having my dad sign for it with me.

I'm just concerned about the quality of service I'd get from Liberty Mutual. Are they gonna hassle me if I have a claim or handle it efficiently? Has anyone here dealt with Liberty Mutual?
    OTS AP Stage 1 9/15/2012

I have progressive auto insurance and if I bundle the house with it then it will be a tad cheaper all around. When i first got progressive with my last car the 3rd day i had the car i got rear ended... Progressive handled everything really well... They handle everything well and quickly and since it is online I can check everythig out/ print off temp cards etc. as far as coverage i have the standard 500 deductible with no add ons. You will get a discount if you are a college grad too . I really see no point in having an agent for car insurance.
    2012 WRX Hatchback ISM - Base Model - STI STS, SPT Boost Gauge, AEM Intake, TP Stage 1 Tune, red illumination kit, cobb shift knob, 20% tint - currently on stock wheels wrapped in Pirelli Winter Carving Edge Tires
    Some cool tidbits to come...

Geico gave me the best rate by FAR. Give 'em a call. BTW- I'm sure you already know this, but most loan agencies (i know your's "hindude") require comprehensive coverage and a $500 collision deductible.

I have state farm, never had any problems at all with anything I ever had to get repaired on any of my cars
    2012 WRB WRX Sedan ...
    BPanda Build
    ...On order since 5/14/2012
    ...Picked up on 6/29/2012

I Support ClubWRX
    I have state farm as well. Best price by far especially with my motorcycles and toys.. Also never had an issue with claims.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I have liberty mutual and I would recommend them. For one you get offered a 100k extended warranty because Subaru has some deal with them and secondly, I am only 21, bought my car myself and have full coverage with them for 163 a month. From what I have seen that's not that bad and I also have a not at fault accident on my record and still came out pretty low for me. Just my .02
    2012 Wrx SWP Hatch-Traded
    2013 Limited ISM Hatch -Current

Thanks for all the input. Guess I should shop around a little more before I try to pick between just Allstate and Liberty Mutual. I'm not just looking the cheapest rate. (Safe Auto, The General...) I want to make sure I get good service if I ever need to make a claim.

Dzanga, how does the 100k extended warranty work? Do you have to pay extra for it? Does it extend Subaru's warranty or is it separate through Liberty Mutual? I'm planning on going stage 2 so, I'm not sure if it will be really be worth it to pay for an extended warranty (even though I know going stage 2 doesn't necessarily "void" your warranty).
    OTS AP Stage 1 9/15/2012

Well the guy I sat down with to do all the final paper work with me asked me if I had liberty and then asked if I want a extended warranty so basically it's 100k bumper to bumper from what he says tires are like discount they replace them and you just pay to replace the warranty on the tires. It was an extra $1k and I had planned on going stage 2 e85 anyway and you always have the option to cancel it and get your money back before you reach 100k. I canceled it and it went back to the 36k factory warranty and then I felt stupid and called soa and luckily it hadn't gone through yet and I made sure the disregarded the cancelation. So basically I would get it and if your dealership doesn't like mods cancel it and get your money back luckily mine doesn't care. Hope that helped
    2012 Wrx SWP Hatch-Traded
    2013 Limited ISM Hatch -Current

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.