today was a good day
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on today was a good day within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello. I just picked up a 2012 pearl white wrx sedan. I could not be happier. I am a former ...

today was a good day

Hello. I just picked up a 2012 pearl white wrx sedan. I could not be happier. I am a former evo guy but I am now fully in the subaru family, and lovin' it! I was at a stop light last wednesday when I was hit from behind by someone going 50mph. Needless to say, my car was a total loss. I originally stopped by the subaru dealer looking into the brz and after much "hemming and hawing" I pulled the trigger on the wrx sedan.

I look forward to learning from the collective and just as excited to make some new friends. I am in SW FLA so if you are in the area and planning on a gtg let me know I would love to show up.

Peace, love, and happiness to all.

pk

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the forum & congrats.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome!! Sweat water =SW?? I live in the Clermont area in Florida. Where in fl are you located??

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Sorry about your accident but glad to hear you're alright.

Good luck on the new purchase. If you need any parts or advice let me know.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! www.kronosperformance.com sales@kronosperformance.com Call/Text 732-742-8837 We Offer a Military Discount
    Our Facebook | Our Twitter | Our Instagram | Our Pinterest
    Our featured brands
    RALLY ARMOR | BC RACING | PERRIN | MISHIMOTO | GRIMMSPEED

+1 ^^^ what he said at that speed it could have been much worse! Were you in your Evo when you got hit or another car?

Good choice on going with the WRX over the BRZ. How do you like the WRX compared to the Evo? I've always heard the steering on the Evo is sharper/better but I've never driven one.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Sorry to hear about the accident, glad to hear you're ok though! Welcome!

I have the same question as Scott, but will wait until you've got some time under your belt for a good comparo!

Scott, you're so pushy
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Quote Originally Posted by WrxPower View Post
    Welcome!! Sweat water =SW?? I live in the Clermont area in Florida. Where in fl are you located??

SW=south west. On the gulf not too far from Ft Myers

Kronos~ you can count on it!

As far as the comparo to the evo... I had a 2005 evo 8 and compared to an '05 wrx it was significantly "tighter" but compared to my 2012 wrx it is only slightly crisper. Off hand and from only putting about 15 miles on the new car one thing stands out and that is the exhaust note. I love it. Also, it came with the short throw shifter which is really nice. Not a fan of the radio but I mainly listen to talk radio so no biggie.

Thanks for all the well wishes and welcomes.

I was not in the evo. I sold that a little while back. I was in my wife's 4 month old kia forte. I do a couple long drives a week for work so I had taken over the new car.

yay~!

i just picked up my '12 wrx a couple of weeks ago and i'm finally close to 1000 mi. so i'm starting to really get a feel of what this car can do. I came from a rwd(350z) and a fwd(Golf TDI) and the z felt really torquey like someone pushing me from behind; the TDI felt like someone pulling me, similar to awd. The wrx feels like i'm floating fast if that makes sense. AH sorry for the ramble, anyways Good Choice and welcome!

glad youre okay. congrats on the new wheels man

Welcome & Congrats (Sorry about the EVO).

Post some pics up!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.