Subaru Car Shipping Question... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Subaru Car Shipping Question... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Now I'm even more curious, why wouldn't Subaru want you to have those numbers? Worried someone is going to try ...

Now I'm even more curious, why wouldn't Subaru want you to have those numbers? Worried someone is going to try to hi-jack their trucks? Lol, I've seen too many movies
    2012 WRB WRX Sedan ...
    BPanda Build
    ...On order since 5/14/2012
    ...Picked up on 6/29/2012

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by BPanda View Post
    Now I'm even more curious, why wouldn't Subaru want you to have those numbers? Worried someone is going to try to hi-jack their trucks?
    Because more often than not, there are mutiple shipments attached to any single booking/BL number, we've had dozens of containers attached to one booking number (saves them on shipping costs since they're shipping in bulk, effectively), and they'd be giving you access to other peoples information with it. Thinking more on it, even if you had those numbers I don't know that it would help you, at least with the company I work for, since autos are tracked in a different system than containers and it's probably similar with outher shipping companies. Customer service would probably not help you unless you were a representative of Subaru anyways.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

There has been alot of explanation here that makes alot of sense. Not long ago I was in your shoes....... waiting...... sucked!!!!! But soon as you get it you will be on to much more pressing things like.... you all know!!

Lol, my girlfriend is already asking me if she'll be seeing me after I get the car. I simply replied "Nope "
    2012 WRB WRX Sedan ...
    BPanda Build
    ...On order since 5/14/2012
    ...Picked up on 6/29/2012

Lol, my girlfriend is already asking me if she'll be seeing me after I get the car. I simply replied "Nope "
    But if shes anything like mine. She'll love it, fall asleep to the subie rumble and never leave. Then you're stuck in her driveway until she decides to wake up. Enjoy!

Sent from my DROID2 Global using Tapatalk 2

everyone keeps asking me "when are you getting your car?" I say.... good question.

its funny how a guy can run a business from a cell phone yet Subaru can't track a car with a bar code....

I'm starting to think stealing a subaru would be the easiest thing to do because they already have no clue where your car is.

HAHA, mine already knows she is gonna be fighting for my time when it gets in, but she's equally excited to be riding shotgun as I am to be driving.

BPanda, I have been wondering the same thing that you have been. I can order something tiny and worth less than $5 and track it city by bity until it reaches my doorstep, but Subaru can't even tell me if my car has been built 75 days after ordering it! I've been reading what everyone else has been saying but it's still pretty ridiculous. At this rate I probably won't even get mine until August. And then, if the 13's are relesed in september, I'll definitely be left with a sour feeling. I'd really like to drive my new car around for a while before it gets replaced with a new MY.

It may not really make sense, but to me, it's like buying an iPad 2, 2 weeks before the iPad 3 comes out.
    2012 Limited World Rally Blue Pearl Subaru Impreza World Rally Xross Sedan ...
    ...On order since 4/14/2012; Received VIN 7/4/2012; ETA 8/6/2012; Delivered 8/9/2012
    OTS AP Stage 1 9/15/2012

It is possible for them to locate individual cars in shipment. My dealer did after my car was taking longer than expected to arrive. But it's not as simple as typing a tracking number into a web site. They have to make a bunch of phone calls to find out which truck the car is on, then to locate the truck.

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    You guys all know how awesome these cars are, can't wait to have mine, trying to be as patient as possible... I just don't understand how Subaru can't tell me where their $27,000 car is though. I just find it to be very stupid on their part to not know where their cars are or, for some reason, they just don't want to say...
    Because There are several other people who are getting cars delivered all over the country, and import/export can be complicated. Your car could also be in line behind several hundred other vehicles at the port waiting to have options installed. It's just a car.

I obviously understand that I don't have the only car coming in from Japan. But when you have like $200,000 (assuming that you'd have like 6-8 cars on a truck) rolling around, I'd think you'd spend some money to know where it is.
    I'm not sure on whether or not (most likely not) Subaru hires only one shipping company to freight cars around, but I'm sure they all have their own protocols. I'd imagine that Subaru gives them a deadline on when certain vehicles need to be delivered and not GPS tracking devices.

Mine sees me all the time. She probably knows more about these cars than a half the people on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by hindude View Post
    HAHA, mine already knows she is gonna be fighting for my time when it gets in.
    Why is that? You're going to put your car as a priority over spending time with your lady? Sounds a bit ridiculous to me.

Don't get me wrong, I love my cars, but at the end of the day it's just a bunch of metal bolted and welded together. I certainly wouldn't put my relationship on hold to spend time with my car.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post

Don't get me wrong, I love my cars, but at the end of the day it's just a bunch of metal bolted and welded together. I certainly wouldn't put my relationship on hold to spend time with my car.
    Amen Brother!
    '12 WRX Limited, 5-door -- Black

I Support ClubWRX

I certainly wouldn't put my relationship on hold to spend time with my car.
    Yeah. Get married & then ignore her.

OP, I waited exactly 3 months to the day for my car to come. Don't worry. It will get here eventually. While I waited I contacted SOA & they gave me a VIN & an ETA.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Why is that? You're going to put your car as a priority over spending time with your lady? Sounds a bit ridiculous to me.

I guess you didn't read all of my post when you quoted it, Drews. Lemme post it here for you:

HAHA, mine already knows she is gonna be fighting for my time when it gets in, but she's equally excited to be riding shotgun as I am to be driving.

I'm pretty sure BPanda and I not going to "put [our] relationship[s] on hold to spend time with [our] car[s]." You shouldn't take statements like that literally. We were simply trying to convey our excitement and anticipation of getting these amazing cars that we have now been waiting months for.
    ...On order since 4/14/2012; Received VIN 7/4/2012; ETA 8/6/2012; Delivered 8/9/2012
    OTS AP Stage 1 9/15/2012

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    OP, I waited exactly 3 months to the day for my car to come. Don't worry. It will get here eventually. While I waited I contacted SOA & they gave me a VIN & an ETA.
    Hey rage-wrx, it'll be 11 weeks for me this Saturday. I have contacted SOA multiple times and they still haven't given me a VIN. Is there anything you did additionally (speak to a manager or something) in order to get yours?

--Thanks
    OTS AP Stage 1 9/15/2012

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by hindude View Post
    Hey rage-wrx, it'll be 11 weeks for me this Saturday. I have contacted SOA multiple times and they still haven't given me a VIN. Is there anything you did additionally (speak to a manager or something) in order to get yours?

--Thanks
    The first time all I did was call. I was told then that the wait would be 10-15 weeks.

As the date approached I sent SOA an email & they gave me all the details of the car. They always reply to emails,so that would be one thing to try.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    The first time all I did was call. I was told then that the wait would be 10-15 weeks.

As the date approached I sent SOA an email & they gave me all the details of the car. They always reply to emails,so that would be one thing to try.
    Thanks, I'll give that a shot.
    OTS AP Stage 1 9/15/2012

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12