New WRX owner!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on New WRX owner!!! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Very Nice!!! I've had many cars here in the US, '94 Mazda 323, '96 Plymouth Neon(modded), '00 Dodge Stratus(modded), '88 ...

Very Nice!!! I've had many cars here in the US, '94 Mazda 323, '96 Plymouth Neon(modded), '00 Dodge Stratus(modded), '88 Subaru GL-10(modded), and now I drive an '02 WRX Sport Wagon. I know what you mean about being a step up, trust me! Welcome, and enjoy that lovely car!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Oh, and don't totally resist the modding bug. Resistance is futile!!!

Yeah I am starting already...its already too late ordering a few little things...I just switched back to being mechanic for my uncles shop...so we get a decent break from the dealership.

My car list as follows. 98 Nissan Sentra, 90 Toyota Corolla, 91 Honda CRX (crashed into a tree...I was only 17 then so give me break), 92 Toyota Camry, 2007 Honda Civic Si (about 6k in mods...I was pushing right around 220 to the wheels from my last dyno), 93 Acura Integera. I actually picked it up bc I was moving to Jersey and didnt want to have my baby on the streets. Well everything worked out because now I have my new Subie and I dont think I could be happier.

That is good to hear. Glad to hear that you get a good price break from the stealership too. Full retail price plus mark-up is no good.

I had a couple of other cars that I didn't list, since I owned them in Okinawa, Japan. Over there I've owned: '94 Toyota Levin, '96 Toyota Starlet Glanza V, '95 Subaru WRX Wagon, and finally a '95 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon(twin turbo Ej20H).

Of all of those cars, I wish that I could have brought the Legacy GT and Toyota Glanza V back with me. I don't think anyone would have known how to take the Glanza V, and the Legacy GT, everyone would have tripped about considering that in bone stock form it had around 246bhp at the crank. It made for an insane ride when pushed. That was one good all around people moving vehicle. I just hated the time that I had to replace all of the vacuum lines. That was fun!!!

That is awesome man I would have loved to live in Japan for awhile but its too late for all that now. lol. Gotta get my career going so I can open my own shop eventually....

Quote Originally Posted by 4WDFrenzy View Post
    I had a couple of other cars that I didn't list, since I owned them in Okinawa, Japan. Over there I've owned: '94 Toyota Levin, '96 Toyota Starlet Glanza V, '95 Subaru WRX Wagon, and finally a '95 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon(twin turbo Ej20H).

Of all of those cars, I wish that I could have brought the Legacy GT and Toyota Glanza V back with me. I don't think anyone would have known how to take the Glanza V, and the Legacy GT, everyone would have tripped about considering that in bone stock form it had around 246bhp at the crank. It made for an insane ride when pushed. That was one good all around people moving vehicle. I just hated the time that I had to replace all of the vacuum lines. That was fun!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Japan was pretty fun. I got to see a whole different world of motorsports while I was there and met some awesome people too. I consider myself very lucky to have been a guest there for the 4 years that my wife was stationed there. I do miss it at times. Anywho, I want to wish you the Very Best of Luck on your shop.

Hey guys I was wondering if I can get some input. I am thinking about buying some 18 inch wheels with all seasons since the car only comes with summer tires. I know the STI rims are 18x8.5. Would this be the ideal size to get? I do want to have it a little more flush without sacrificing too much performance. Also what offsets would work?

I Support ClubWRX
    Why all seasons? do you live in an area that may not get as much winter weather?
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Northern Virginia is usually pretty mild not too bad...but I guess we do get some snow once in awhile last year there was almost no snow at all. I see your from Jersey I was living in Hoboken last year and that one storm was terrible. Also should I just stick with 17s? or will I lose a lot of performance switching to 18s?

just make sure you get the right lug pattern...the wrx is 5x100 and the sti is 5x114
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

yeah it kinda limits the choices with our lug pattern. I was thinking about some RPF-1s 17x8 or I guess if I really wanted to throw down some money some Work CR Kais or 11R 18x8.5 but I am confused on the offset I should get....

Congrats and Welcome. I know the feeling after owning 3 different hondas for the past 10 years.
    Maybe we'll see each other at a local meet.
    2012 DGM WRX Hatch // SPT CBE // Cobb AP Stage 1 // 35% tint

I am definitely trying to go to a car meet soon have not been to one in quite awhile. ^__^

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast