The story of my '12 Limited WRB sedan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on The story of my '12 Limited WRB sedan within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; On Friday, April 13th (my birthday) I ordered my 2012 WRB PREMIUM Sedan as a present to myself. The only ...

The story of my '12 Limited WRB sedan

On Friday, April 13th (my birthday) I ordered my 2012 WRB PREMIUM Sedan as a present to myself. The only options I concerned myself with were tint and all season floor mats. I got a great deal and walked away with the 6 - 10 week promise.

On Monday, April 16th I had a small change of heart. I realized that not having the HID headlights and leather interior were going to eat at me and that the thousand dollar difference was negligible when you consider the overall cost over the life of the car. I contacted my salesman and requested that we change the order to a Limited to which he replied "no problem". Fast forward a few minutes and I receive a call back explaining that the order itself could not be changed so he went ahead and ordered a whole new car. He was confident both cars would arrive at the same time and that they would have the Premium sold well within the week of its arrival so it was only a win win for us both.

9 weeks later I get a call. The Premium is on the lot (hasn't been touched yet) and mine if I want it. "What about the Limited," I ask? Well they haven't heard back from Subaru at all in the 9 weeks that have passed and cannot actually guarantee me that the order will be filled at this time. My options are to take the premium now because it's there or roll the dice on the limited. I went to the dealer, looked it over, sat in the cloth seats, wrapped my hands around the steering wheel and thought about it for a long moment. It was the hardest thing for an impatient man like me to do but I opted to stick with the LIMITED and rolled the dice.

So now I'm talking with SOA, who is dealing with SNE, in an attempt to figure out where my car is or if I'm even going to get one. We have yet to discuss what will come of the hassle or my frustrations as a consumer. I've been assured that if the '12 cannot be filled that a '13 with the same trim, options and price will be reserved. Of course no one even knows what the '13 will officially look like or what changes will be made (if any) let alone availability and when I'd actually get behind the wheel of said car.

And that is where this story currently ends...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I'd go with the premium honestly. Worst comes to worst you can trade it in for a 2013 Limited when they come out.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I have to say that between my own experiences and those of others who have posted similar stories here, the communication between SoA and its dealers seems just plain s*#t. Almost non-existent when it comes to placed orders. There's no respect for the customers who have placed their trust in Subaru or the dealers who have to calm the situation.

Although, in this case, it sounds like your dealer/salesperson failed to regularly check the progress of your order. Stuff like that always makes you feel unappreciated as a customer. Sorry you're having trouble, it takes the whole fun out of buying a new car.
    Last edited by Soobvirgin; 06-26-2012 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    I'd go with the premium honestly. Worst comes to worst you can trade it in for a 2013 Limited when they come out.
    And take a hit on the value? No way.

I'm of the thought that if it's not EXACTLY what you want...then don't get it. Especially when coming to a Brand new, ordered car...and of course when spending $30k. I think you made the right choice, OP. Wait for exactly what you want. Or down the line a little ways, perhaps you can find a gently used 2012 Limited for less than what you'd pay new.

Last 4 cars I've purchased have taken at least a month, and in some cases...upwards of 4 months...until I found EXACTLY what I wanted
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Get the limited or you'll regret it.
    2011 SWP WRX Hatch

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    And take a hit on the value? No way.
    You think the hit would be that bad? I was thinking it would be maybe $1k-$2k

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR

You think the hit would be that bad? I was thinking it would be maybe $1k-$2k
    On trade, it'd be more like $5-6k of a hit to the owner/buyer. The dealer would turn it around and sell it for back near sticker price.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    On trade, it'd be more like $5-6k of a hit to the owner/buyer. The dealer would turn it around and sell it for back near sticker price.
    Oh then yeah don't do that! Dealers suck lol

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR

See and this is why Americans are so much in debt and other financial problems. They have this I want it now mentality. Kudos on waiting. This guy telling you to get a 2012 then in 2013 get another? what sense that does make? Wait it out like you should and get what you want. Buyers remorse will kill you.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by turrbro View Post
    See and this is why Americans are so much in debt and other financial problems. They have this I want it now mentality. Kudos on waiting. This guy telling you to get a 2012 then in 2013 get another? what sense that does make? Wait it out like you should and get what you want. Buyers remorse will kill you.
    Lol glad to know I'm the reason America is in debt....my bad. Also if you actually read the thread I stated I thought the hit would be much less and then took back my previous statement.

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR

Lol glad to know I'm the reason America is in debt....my bad. Also if you actually read the thread I stated I thought the hit would be much less and then took back my previous statement.
    You arent the reason America is in debt, your idea of get it now is why so many people are in debt. I would have read the rest, but I cant read.

Quote Originally Posted by turrbro View Post
    See and this is why Americans are so much in debt and other financial problems. They have this I want it now mentality. Kudos on waiting.
    This is so true.

I Support ClubWRX
    Not going to get off topic here. Let the guy decide for himself I guess.

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR

I agree 100% with you waiting on the Limited since that's what you really want and don't settle for less... But can I ask why did you want the HIDs and leather so bad? I have a '07 WRX Limited (with leather/no HIDs) but I don't know... Just probably could have done without the leather (and sunroof)... :-/ I'm just curious.

The leather doesn't really look that good and you can do an HID retrofit for about $350.

That's what I'm planning on doing anyway. However if its what you really want, wait.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast