The story of my '12 Limited WRB sedan - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on The story of my '12 Limited WRB sedan within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Amaterasu Get the limited or you'll regret it. agree. i couldnt imagine not having either. get exactly ...

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu View Post
    Get the limited or you'll regret it.
    agree. i couldnt imagine not having either. get exactly what u want, dont settle.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Im very glad I got the limited. I say wait it out if you can.
    11 SWP LMTD Hatch SPT Exhaust, Kartboy STS w/ Bushings, 30% Tint, Red tails, Stage 1 TP Tune

In hindsight I probably could have worked a deal to either cut the price of an HID retrofit off the cost of the Premium or simply make it a stipulation to have them added before accepting the car. But the decision to walk off the lot that day (near two weeks ago) was done with the high hopes that the car I had ordered would be delivered eventually. It wasn't until I talked with SOA and heard the pessimistic tone in the call receiver's voice that I realized this car may never manifest. The leather is just something I've grown accustomed to in my current car and after ordering the Premium I realized it was something I would miss. Since the retrofit was already on my radar and something I was likely to do, it only made sense to upgrade my order and get the best of both worlds. That is, of course, before knowing what I know now.

On the bright side I may be able to work a few additional perks out of the circumstance, especially if I find myself waiting for the '13s. Maybe a STS at no additional charge on an already decent deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrnrfan182 View Post
    In hindsight I probably could have worked a deal to either cut the price of an HID retrofit off the cost of the Premium or simply make it a stipulation to have them added before accepting the car. But the decision to walk off the lot that day (near two weeks ago) was done with the high hopes that the car I had ordered would be delivered eventually. It wasn't until I talked with SOA and heard the pessimistic tone in the call receiver's voice that I realized this car may never manifest. The leather is just something I've grown accustomed to in my current car and after ordering the Premium I realized it was something I would miss. Since the retrofit was already on my radar and something I was likely to do, it only made sense to upgrade my order and get the best of both worlds. That is, of course, before knowing what I know now.

On the bright side I may be able to work a few additional perks out of the circumstance, especially if I find myself waiting for the '13s. Maybe a STS at no additional charge on an already decent deal?
    Never hurts to try! I'll echo other sentiments here, I think it was good that you decided to wait to get what you really want.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I ran into the same issue as you. When I started inquiring about a WRX hatch about a month ago I realized that they stopped ordering new ones and that they were going to be really hard to find. I walked off the lot that day having learned A LOT about what I wanted and it was then that I realized what I could not live with to have what I wanted. I am driving a 2005 Volvo S60R at the moment. Th leather seats in this car are the best I have ever sat in on any car. I know that getting another car will have lesser seats and the leather in the limited really is not that great anyway. The seat structure is exactly the same, it is just the material that is different. I then thought about heated seats... living in IL I LOVE heated seats but is it a necessity? NO. I only used them to warm up my but for about 2-3 mins while the car was still warming up then they got too hot and I turned them off. Plus leather gets colder anyway so I really did not need heated seats. Now the heated side mirrors is a really nice touch and option with the all weather package but honestly it takes 2 more seconds to scrap the side mirrors when you are done scrapping the rest of the car. Then I thought about fog lights. On my current ride, the fog lights are small and dont output much light so I never really use them except for looks. I can always upgrade the fog lights later anyway down the road if it really becomes an issue and then put the correct lighting in them at the same time to increase light output. I really love my moonroof... I mean I always use it. I can say I will miss my sunroof for sure.

I decided to get the base model. I am getting it for about 5-6k less than a limited tax included. My local dealer is having a limited coming to their lot and they want mid 31k plus tax is like mid 32-33k. The base model with all the options I am getting was a good 5k less than the limited and that was a large enough difference in price to go with the base model. I can always add fog lights later, add the HID retrofit projectors for under 1000 dollars anyway. Plus I love working on my car so it is a win win. I get to pick up my car next week in Chicago and I am really excited about it.
    2012 WRX Hatchback ISM - Base Model - STI STS, SPT Boost Gauge, AEM Intake, TP Stage 1 Tune, red illumination kit, cobb shift knob, 20% tint - currently on stock wheels wrapped in Pirelli Winter Carving Edge Tires
    Some cool tidbits to come...

**Update** On Thursday I finally received confirmation that my order on the Limited was filled. The car currently sits in Rhode Island and the dealer officially purchased the car today. Due in large part to the promised 6-10 week delivery and a general lack of communication on behalf of both the dealer and Subaru, they're going to add a Short Throw, Wheel Locks (which should come standard in my opinion) and arm rest extender onto the vehicle. Despite the delay I was reminded several times that the WRX is often a 16 week order and that my car was never "officially" late. I guess in this situation my dealer's 6-10 week promise scores me a few free goodies.

I have a limited. Didn't realize it had the heated side mirrors. My gti had this and it was pretty nice. How do you activate it?
    11 SWP LMTD Hatch SPT Exhaust, Kartboy STS w/ Bushings, 30% Tint, Red tails, Stage 1 TP Tune

Quote Originally Posted by YorkWRX11 View Post
    I have a limited. Didn't realize it had the heated side mirrors. My gti had this and it was pretty nice. How do you activate it?
    Usually something like that will automatically come on when you put the rear defroster on.

I'm sure it's in the manual in the glovebox
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    You made the right decision. For as often as most of us by a new car, getting exactly what you want is important. I drove the Premium and would have been happy with it, but the Limited is everything I wanted. You'll like the short throw shifter.

Congrats!
    '12 WRX Limited, 5-door -- Black

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.