Realistic stock wrx quarter times?

This is a discussion on Realistic stock wrx quarter times? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So, I've been doing a lot of searching and have found quite a range of numbers for quarter mile times. ...

Realistic stock wrx quarter times?

So, I've been doing a lot of searching and have found quite a range of numbers for quarter mile times. I've seen as low as 13.3 and as high as 13.9. I think the most consistent number I've found was 13.5 for a stock 2012 wrx sedan. Only thing that bothers me with that number is that I've also seen magazines and more professional car articles that say the 2012 sti runs 13.4. I'll be going to the track with a few of my friends at the end of the month, one having a bmw 135i, which is rated to do 13.3. I'm not expecting to beat him of course, but I'm curious how close I'll be.
    And yes, I know a lot of it has to do with the driver and all of my friends are pretty good, me included. I have hit some of the best times on stock cars in the past, so I know how to drive.
    2012 WRB WRX Sedan ...
    BPanda Build
    ...On order since 5/14/2012
    ...Picked up on 6/29/2012

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I still have a hard time understanding why anyone would buy a Subaru if they want a fast drag car, but that's just me.

The only way for you to find out how it will perform is to just do it. We can't possibly know how the conditions on that particular day will be, or how well you will perform as a driver that day, to be able to give you any kind of time without completely making something up.

Go with what you've noticed from the magazines, shoot for somewhere reasonable, near middle or even the higher range, and hope for the best.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

It has almost everything to do with driver. You can run the "magazine times" if you are good at driving and have the right conditions. I've seen modded subarus run in the 14s etc. Really no way to answer this question.
    Contributing unsolicited, worthless opinions since 9/10...
    The project I spend all my money on.... <---- Click it

I just went recently. Managed a 13.8 on my 2011 WRX, completely stock except for a sound system with subwoofer (which subtracts 10hp).

2011 WRX quarter mile run
    Last edited by SamXp; 06-26-2012 at 07:29 AM.

I did 13.8 @ 99MPH in my 2008 4EAT. Minor brake torque to 2500, release and floor it...82 degrees out that day. All I have done is AEM CAI, pro tune, and SPT catback. I assume from the post you have a 2012 though so it's TOTALLY different.