About to buy a 2012 subaru wrx
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on About to buy a 2012 subaru wrx within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys I just put a deposit on a new 2012 subaru wrx hatchback and I have till Wednesday to ...

About to buy a 2012 subaru wrx

Hey guys I just put a deposit on a new 2012 subaru wrx hatchback and I have till Wednesday to make a decision. I was wondering whats the lowest price I could get the car for. Im going to try to get the factory invoice price...hopefully they go for it but I doubt it. So any help on this would be great thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

When I bought mine a month ago, the dealer knocked $1000 off straight away, then wouldn't budge after that (until I had a delayed order and they gave another $250 off as a goodwill gesture).

I think it depends on the dealership. I hear some aren't giving any discounts now as stock is in short supply. My local dealer is adding $3000 to the MSRP price of BRZs... and getting it. Bottom line - if you want the car badly enough, don't walk away from it for the sake of a few hundred dollars.

I've heard it's very hard getting them down too much since the WRX's are wanted by so many.. It's like the "rare" factor.. :-/

I just ordered a 12 WRX Hatch and paid 200 over invoice... Well, that is if it ever gets built...

I got $750 off sticker on mine, but that was a little more than a month ago. Lol, I'm still waiting for mine too
    2012 WRB WRX Sedan ...
    BPanda Build
    ...On order since 5/14/2012
    ...Picked up on 6/29/2012

I Support ClubWRX
    If you order one, you should be able to beat invoice with ease. For instance, there is a guy on this site who takes orders at $500 below invoice. Don't remember his handle. I ordered mine in April and ended up much better than $500 under.
    '12 WRX Limited, 5-door -- Black

here you go.

Getting my car from him.... still on order.

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...ubwrx-net.html

I just got mine a few days ago. I tried beating the dealer up on it a bit, ended up with $250 off the bill. Trying to get a deal on one of these is like squeezing blood out of a rock. Even with the $250 off or not wasn't going to be my deal breaker.

I bought my Premium through my credit union/Autonation Direct (I don't work for them or anything...). I have the SPT short shifter, SPT boost gauge, Homelink/Autodimming Mirror, rear trunk cargo tray. Those were about 1k on top of sticker.

I got the car for a about $100 over sticker with all of the above included.

Plus they delivered the car to my house.

Truecar is a good measure of how much cars go for and from what I've seen you're not going to get deep discounts like you would on say a Mustang or Mustang GT, the WRX are just more rare of a car.

New 2012 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX Price Quote w/ MSRP, Dealer Cost & Invoice

nice deal

got $1000 off mine, for a premium hatch but still waiting for it

Same boat as Jonny... Still waiting on mine too.

Get it

it all depends on the car. models with fewer options leave less room for the dealer to profit and are accordingly harder to talk them down on. I spoke to about 10-15 dealers (via email) in the new england area over the last 3 weeks. Only one (the biggest) was willing to go below significantly below invoice, I was able to talk most of them down to invoice though. Mine is a base, WR Blue hatch. I ended up getting mine for $400 under invoice, but that felt like an amazing deal.

Invoice would be a very good deal. Anything over invoice + $200 would be a better deal for the dealer than you.

This is, of course, for a base model. If yours is optioned out then you should be able to get more off. Also, don't forget about doc fees. What dealers lose in the negotiation process they often make back in doc fees

Unfortunately the dealer has more power in controlling the price of the car due to Imprezas being difficult to find. This has been a big problem for the last 2-3 years and will hopefully begin to improve. Best of luck trying to get a lower price.
    Bugeye Mafia #141 Military Militia #007 Hawkeye Alliance #126 The Stink-Eye Mob #92
    03 WRB WRX - Sold
    07 WRB STi - Sold
    11 SWP WRX - Current

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast