New owner here! (well, its on order anyways)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on New owner here! (well, its on order anyways) within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I went in to the dealer about 4 weeks ago and plunked down a deposit on a 12/13 (whatever ...

New owner here! (well, its on order anyways)

So I went in to the dealer about 4 weeks ago and plunked down a deposit on a 12/13 (whatever year it winds up being) SWP Premium Hatch... Only option I ordered was the Short Throw Shifter.

I'm an engineer with a car problem... at 24 this will be my 11th vehicle.

Coming from a Jeep Liberty that was an in betweener for the WRX and my old Cummins powered Dodge trucks (had 4 of them). From the Buffalo, NY area, I live in the Northtowns but work in the Southtowns. Dealer told me 8-12 weeks for delivery, but the last ones they got in were ordered 4 months before they showed up... Hoping that doesn't happy to me. I don't think I could wait until September in this POS Liberty... Its not even a real Jeep!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I hope you don't have to wait long but I was told by every dealer in my area that production has stopped on '12 models while concentrating on prepping for '13 models and rolling out the BRZ. I called Subaru of America and they confirmed this is correct and that no dealers should even be taking pre-orders for the WRX since no one knows what the '13 model will be.

I know others here have said pre-orders have stopped. So, I hope it's just different for NY somehow and you get yours soon.

Yeah, if thats the case I'd be pretty upset. Means I'd have to go get my deposit back and buy something else. I can't wait that long... This Jeep is driving me up a wall.

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats on the new car purchase.

If you need any parts or advice in the future let me know.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! www.kronosperformance.com sales@kronosperformance.com Call/Text 732-742-8837 We Offer a Military Discount
    Our Facebook | Our Twitter | Our Instagram | Our Pinterest
    Our featured brands
    RALLY ARMOR | BC RACING | PERRIN | MISHIMOTO | GRIMMSPEED

Congrats! (almost...)

How can you have ordered a car but not know what year it is?
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

I Support ClubWRX
    4 Cummings ?!? My father's business owns a few of those and they are tanks. Maybe you should have kept one rather than buying a pos jeep. It sounds to me like your dealer is giving you the old smoke and mirrors trick. Las Vegas Subaru tried pulling the same bs with me. I went online, found the car I was looking in Calli and drove 400 miles to get it. Try another dealer maybe, or contact the Subie dealer that's a member on here. I think he's up in your neck of the woods also. I'm sorry I can't recall his name atm but I'm sure someone else here can give you his info. He's helped a lot members with their car purchases. Gl buddy, I know you're frustrated but it'll work out =)

Yeah, none of them were stock either... 3500 Duallie was pushing 650 at the wheels... Great trucks.

Anyways, just got a call from my salesman. He said the car should be here within 2 weeks. That's a 6 week turnaround! He's emailing me the VIN, already got the window sticker printed out and everything.

Should be a premium 5-door in Satin White Pearl, with one option being the STS. I'm STOKED!!!

congrats
    how much you paid?

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I think you'll be ok waiting.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

I paid a couple hundred over invoice... Not a bad deal for something in this high of demand.

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MotorOilMcCall View Post
    I paid a couple hundred over invoice... Not a bad deal for something in this high of demand.
    Eh...coming from a person that never buys brand new, I think you paid too much.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Here's the new baby!!! Just showed up on the lot this morning!

Quote Originally Posted by Drews

Eh...coming from a person that never buys brand new, I think you paid too much.
    He does have a point. The car is in high demand right now do negotiations will be a very narrow window. I don't think the wrx is a car you should ever buy used. I pity the person who buys mine when I trade it in. OP congrats in the new car but your pic didn't show up

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Trying it again... Still got all the plastics on it. Literally JUST came off the truck when this was taken.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WRX.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	96.3 KB 
ID:	106285

Looks good!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast