New 07 WRX owner
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New 07 WRX owner within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey people, After about 2 years of debating wether or not I should buy a WRX, I finally did it. ...

New 07 WRX owner

Hey people,

After about 2 years of debating wether or not I should buy a WRX, I finally did it. I just picked up a white 2007 limited WRX with 80 000 km (about 50 000 miles), completely stock and never modded.

I love this car, and now understand why people LOVE boost. It's addictive!

Anyways, I have a quick question. Yes, I've read all the stickies, but just wanted to confirm something. I find the shifter feel isn't "tight". It feels loose and not crisp. If I were to buy a kartboy short shifter with bushings, would I solve the problem?

Thanks a lot guys, looking forward to helping out on the forum!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome.. Wait a second you've been on here for almost 2 years lol

Congrats!! What color is the WRX? I also have a '07 WRX Limited in WRB

Yes I felt the same way with my shift.. It's just not tight and feels like you are shifting a 18 wheeler truck lol

I bought the Cobb Short Shifter with Kartboy bushings and it's been the best thing! I've had it done since '08!

Haha I've been looking at Subarus for a while now. Mine's a SWP!

Yeah I'll probably be ordering that short shfiter tonight. Any major differences between the Cobb and the Kartboy? Is one of them better, or it's just personnal preference?

Hmmm... a SWP Limited WRX. I've never seen one of them before. Have any pictures yet?

As for the difference between the Cobb and Kartboy... the Cobb is adjustable so you can adjust it to a height that fits you unlike the Kartboy where it's only one height (non-adjustable). I preferred the Cobb because I can adjust it to a height I like...

Other than that there isn't any differences.

Yeah I just did a small search, I'll be going with the Cobb as well. Thanks for your input.

I'll be sure to post some pics as soon as I take some.

Nice build by the way, very nicely done!

Thanks. I love the Cobb. Like I said I've had it for 4 years (give or take) and I kept adjusting it to the height I liked and kept it set there since

Definitely make sure you get the kartboy shifter bushings tho. It makes a TON of difference!!

Where are you ordering the stuff from?

I think I'll order them from rallysportdirect. The Cobb short shifter was 135$, and the bushings are around 30-40$. Shipping to Canada was around 20$ also, so not a bad price.

Any other websites you recommend?

Try KronosPerformance (Vendor on here) and also Boston Motorsports (sales@bostonmotorsports.com or 877-600-0267)

I've never ordered from KronosPerformance but I have ordered from Boston Motorsports and they have had excellent prices that beat everyone else.

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Yes sir, if you need anything let me know.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! www.kronosperformance.com sales@kronosperformance.com Call/Text 732-742-8837 We Offer a Military Discount
    Our Facebook | Our Twitter | Our Instagram | Our Pinterest
    Our featured brands
    RALLY ARMOR | BC RACING | PERRIN | MISHIMOTO | GRIMMSPEED

Quote Originally Posted by KronosPerformance View Post
    Yes sir, if you need anything let me know.
    Do you have it setup to send you a message if someone says your name?!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 96accord View Post
    Do you have it setup to send you a message if someone says your name?!
    Nope, I'm just active on here
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! www.kronosperformance.com sales@kronosperformance.com Call/Text 732-742-8837 We Offer a Military Discount
    Our featured brands

Thanks for the website, I just checked out Kronosperformance and I'll probably order from there.

For the bushings, is there a difference between the Cobb and Kartboy products? Which one should I go for if I get the Cobb short shifter?

I've always been a fan of Kartboy bushings... I went with the Kartboy shifter bushings. I believe they are around the same price. I'm sure there isn't a big difference.. The Kartboy might be a bit stronger/tougher..

Yeah I've heard good things about Kartboy bushings as well.

Thanks a lot!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WRX-Canada View Post
    Thanks for the website, I just checked out Kronosperformance and I'll probably order from there.

For the bushings, is there a difference between the Cobb and Kartboy products? Which one should I go for if I get the Cobb short shifter?
    To be honest with you, all the shifter bushings on the market are designed exactly the same and use the same material. They are all quality no matter if you get COBB, kartboy, Perrin...take your pick.
    Our featured brands

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.