New!! Couldn't stand the people on NASIOC - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on New!! Couldn't stand the people on NASIOC within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Hung_Wei_Lo To be honest and no offense, but I see no difference between the people here and ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Hung_Wei_Lo View Post
    To be honest and no offense, but I see no difference between the people here and NASIOC or any other internet forum for that matter. In all internet forums you have some nice people but mainly people that like to argue or put down just for the sake of it or because they get their jollies off of it especially due to anonymity.
    I'll mark 10 years registered on this forum in October. One might look at my post count and say that I've been an active user. I've been to Nastysock meets, I've been to ClubWRX meets. Yes, they're both car forums, and have personalities that range from subdued to obnoxious...every forum has their crusty OG's. Yet I would maintain that there is a large difference in the culture here, versus nearly any other car forum in which I've attempted to participate. (Nasioc, 6speedonline, the G35 forums, etc.)
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I haven't been on nasioc but I love this place. I feel like I can post a thread here and not worry about getting hit with the OMG that rare topic was already covered 3 years ago, you should have spent three more hours digging through old threads before you wasted our bandwidth and started a new thread spiel I see all the time on the other Subie forum I'm a part of. Lots of knowledge over there but there's too many you know whats over there. Great forum here, thanks to all the great admins that have put many hours into it!

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I'll mark 10 years registered on this forum in October. One might look at my post count and say that I've been an active user.
    If you check Ray's IP address, you'll find your suspicions confirmed...

- Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    The thing I love about this forum is the feeling of camaraderie and support. You'll get to know the usual suspects around here pretty quickly, and hopefully learn to recognize/respect the knowledge that they possess. Even though each of us has different levels of experience, we were all "newbs" once. Unlike NASIOC, I've found that the truly knowledgeable folks here (you know who you are) tend to remember that, and will take a "newb" by the hand and help them, instead of tease them.

Just don't mess with your suspension geometry, or you will face teflon's wrath.
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by lokey View Post
    Just don't mess with your suspension geometry, or you will face teflon's wrath.

We do have guys with certain pet peeves. USUALLY they're nice about pointing out problems. If someone behaves like a tool, you can either safely ignore them, or report the post and the moderators will sort out whether or not a real problem exists.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    I need to adopt a pet peeve. I am open for suggestions.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Welcome!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    Nasioc is a good site.. Just not for everyone. I prefer to hang out here on Club most of the time.
    I love Nasioc. I like that there is WAY more content than here. This forum is just too slow for me but the people are GREAT! I will admit that (even you Mikie lol).

I get along with everyone (well just about) so Nasioc doesn't bother me. I even post in OT over there!!

idk nasioc has too many know it alls with no hands on, but i guess thats how the internet works. i believe this forum has a good community cuz many people leave nasioc or other annoying forums

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    Oh, and another perk is that once you've been a member for a certain amount of time, Mikie's mom is free reign...

whose Mikie????

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm in the BRfatal bandwagon on illegal HID kits. Now that he's gone, that's my pet peeve. I try to be factual and civil about it though.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

i came here for the same reason! welcome dewd

Quote Originally Posted by speedsterX View Post
    I have also noticed that Nasioc is not very friendly.
    I agree 100%. In my experience, the NASIOC environment sucks.

I stopped posting on NASIOC and only go there as a very, very last resort to search. From my experience, the members there are complete jerks (for lack of a more politically correct term) with out a lot of intelligence (not all - but at least most of the ones I've run into).

For example, I bought a new ProSport Boost gauge and just last week posted there just to see where others had installed the boost sending unit in the engine bay and get their experiences with it. Not one person answered my question. The multiple replies I got were not helpful such as "prosport gauges suck," "You question is stupid," "A mechanical boost gauge doesn't have a sending unit" (hint: my boost gauge is electronic), etc.....

By the way ... welcome
    2011 Subaru Impreza WRX (Premium) | EFI Logics Tuned Stage 3 | Cobb SF CAI | Invidia EL Race Header | Cobb Catted Downpipe | Borla CBE | PW TMIC | Grimmspeed EBCS | Grimmspeed AOS | DW 65C Fuel Pump | Grimmspeed Light Weight Pulley | SPT Short Shifter | JNA Front Lip | EPIC Performance Springs | SMY Cluster w/ Boost & Oil Pressure

its funny that everyone keeps saying that. They are pretty douchy. welcome! im new too

Who cares if they are douchy/complete jerks.. Not every community online will be nice. There are always *******s everywhere.. :shrug:

You can't let what people say get you all flustered.. Take it with a grain of salt. Go there for information/parts/meet info/ect.. If someone posts in a thread with a dumbass comment just forget it and move on.

youve come to the right place
    - Nicky -
    2006 WRX Steel Gray
    23:4--3:6--27:1

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast