New!! Couldn't stand the people on NASIOC - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 71

This is a discussion on New!! Couldn't stand the people on NASIOC within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Welcome to Club. Nasioc is a good site.. Just not for everyone. I prefer to hang out here on Club ...

  1. #16
    Administrator TheJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Bro do you even live in the Dirty South
    Posts
    17,762
    I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to Club.

    Nasioc is a good site.. Just not for everyone. I prefer to hang out here on Club most of the time.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:


  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #17
    Registered User SanRemoRedSTG2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    20
    NASIOC had some good info, but even the experts would argue just cause they answered a question slightly wrong.
    Idk easyer to navigate this forum too

  4. #18
    Luke Skywalker Mikie13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Palmyra, NJ
    Posts
    20,603
    Nasioc is only good for technical information and the classifieds. If you want real opinions, then here is where matters to me.

    There are sometimes some scuffles with some youngins and even other strong personality individuals here and there, but as Ray said, it's the internet. It's bound to happen sometime or another. Thick skin, roll it off the shoulders if it ever occurs, then everyone forgets and moves on.

    That being said, I love this place...everyone here is generally good people (except Drews...and Zax...stay away from those turds).

    Welcome! Post up pics of the San Remo Red!!!!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

  5. #19
    Gold Member lokey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Crofton, MD
    Posts
    2,157
    I Support ClubWRX
    This forum sucks. I <3 NASIOC haters.
    Greg
    Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

  6. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    BX, NY
    Posts
    56
    welcome i'm new too, just joined on sunday when i bought my wagon, its a chilled environment. no one snaps at your grammar or spelling from what i see

  7. #21
    Registered User speedsterX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    149
    I have also noticed that Nasioc is not very friendly.

  8. #22
    Registered User etnpnys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    756
    Welcome!
    "Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."
    -Van Helsing, from Bram Stoker's ​Dracula

  9. #23
    Luke Skywalker Mikie13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Palmyra, NJ
    Posts
    20,603
    Quote Originally Posted by lokey View Post
    This forum sucks. I <3 NASIOC haters.
    WTF mate?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

  10. #24
    Gold Member lokey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Crofton, MD
    Posts
    2,157
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    WTF mate?
    lol Just some sarcasm for the new man. You know this is my home. I can't stand nastisoc.
    Greg
    Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

  11. #25
    Registered User Hung_Wei_Lo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    252
    To be honest and no offense, but I see no difference between the people here and NASIOC or any other internet forum for that matter.

    In all internet forums you have some nice people but mainly people that like to argue or put down just for the sake of it or because they get their jollies off of it especially due to anonymity.

  12. #26
    Luke Skywalker Mikie13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Palmyra, NJ
    Posts
    20,603
    Quote Originally Posted by lokey View Post
    lol Just some sarcasm for the new man. You know this is my home. I can't stand nastisoc.
    I was about to be way confused by you. Interwebz pwned me
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

  13. #27
    Luke Skywalker Mikie13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Palmyra, NJ
    Posts
    20,603
    Quote Originally Posted by Hung_Wei_Lo View Post
    To be honest and no offense, but I see no difference between the people here and NASIOC or any other internet forum for that matter.

    In all internet forums you have some nice people but mainly people that like to argue or put down just for the sake of it or because they get their jollies off of it especially due to anonymity.
    You're wrong.



    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

  14. #28
    and the Funky Bunch Calvinball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Philly Area
    Posts
    5,920
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Nasioc is only good for technical information and the classifieds. If you want real opinions, then here is where matters to me.

    There are sometimes some scuffles with some youngins and even other strong personality individuals here and there, but as Ray said, it's the internet. It's bound to happen sometime or another. Thick skin, roll it off the shoulders if it ever occurs, then everyone forgets and moves on.

    That being said, I love this place...everyone here is generally good people (except Drews...and Zax...stay away from those turds).
    Oh, and another perk is that once you've been a member for a certain amount of time, Mikie's mom is free reign...

    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

  15. #29
    Administrator TheJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Bro do you even live in the Dirty South
    Posts
    17,762
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Hung_Wei_Lo View Post
    To be honest and no offense, but I see no difference between the people here and NASIOC or any other internet forum for that matter.

    In all internet forums you have some nice people but mainly people that like to argue or put down just for the sake of it or because they get their jollies off of it especially due to anonymity.
    I definitely see a difference but I've hung around a long time here. You are correct though that we probably have more in common with other sites then not. People are people and because we only communicate through text, perception and intention often get quite disconnected.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:


  16. #30
    Registered User teflon_jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    8000' up in Colorado
    Posts
    6,753
    Welcome! Add yourself to the back of a veeeeeerrrryyyy long line of people that feel nastysock is full of jerks. On the flip side, I'm the only jerk on this site.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •