Hello ClubWRX.net!!!

This is a discussion on Hello ClubWRX.net!!! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello all! I am new to this site, but not new to Subaru's. I have owned 6 in the past ...

Hello ClubWRX.net!!!

Hello all! I am new to this site, but not new to Subaru's. I have owned 6 in the past 9 years. I have owned(in chronological order): 1988 Subaru GL-10 Wagon(5spd w/ FT4WD which was also my first Subaru), 2002 Subaru WRX Wagon(DD), 1995 Subaru WRX Wagon(JDM), 1995 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon(JDM; Twin Turbo), 2003 Subaru Forester 2.5X, and finally, a 2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i(in my name, but is wife's DD). I personally do 90% of the maintanence on my own vehicles(aside from the 2012 Impreza, considering that it is under warranty). I am also a member over on NASIOC under the SN: EA82TRally, and I used to be a member of USMB.org. I found many links to this site from members on NASIOC, so I figured that I would come over here and check this one out too. I mainly joined to learn new things that I may not know about Subarus, so if it isn't too much trouble, be easy in the case that I ask a noob type question. I am just trying to learn and gain a greater knowledge of a very incredibly built and styled species of car: The Subaru! Anyway, Thanks for having me guys and gals!!!!

-Patrick

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome! Impressive cars list. The GL10 wagon was the first quick Subaru I drove (a Justy and a 600cc didn't move as well...).

You know, I'm on NASIOC too but I rarely post and I find it surprising they link to ClubWRX.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Thanks! Yeah, I love my GL-10. The wife can't figure out why I won't get rid of it since the poor engine(EA82T) in it blew up. I'm not entirely sure what kind of power output I had in it, but I know before I went to Okinawa, JP, I was running 11psi of boost, multiple mods, including a higher flowing fuel pump, rising rate FPR, higher output coil, true fenderwell CAI, and a Starion FMIC in a TMIC configuration. I know that it was well over the OEM power rating of 115 hp at the crank. It was my first turbo car, so I had to tinker with it. I can't say that I was too nice to it all of the time, but I have a feeling that a mix of high mileage(over 100,XXX), higher rpms than normal, and higher boost pressure did her in. With all of those mods, it still returned well over 40mpg on the highway. I think that it got mad because it had to go into storage when I went overseas, and that is why it gave up the ghost. LOL

I Support ClubWRX
    It sounds plausible the GL 10 got mad, yes.

Modern Subarus can only dream of 40 mpg. Shame.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    It sounds plausible the GL 10 got mad, yes.

Modern Subarus can only dream of 40 mpg. Shame.
    LOL

It is a shame that our Subies cannot attain more that low to mid 30mpg. The only other Subaru that I have owned that got 40 anything mpgs is the wife's Impreza. We hit 42mpg going from Edwards, CA to Valencia, CA and back. That happened exactly once. Now it gets anywhere from 33-36mpg on the highway depending on the terrain. Of course, the wife is driving it and I have no idea about her driving habits. She is definitely not as conservative with the throttle as I am when I drive it. Maybe the whole direct injection technology that Toyota has shared with Subaru will reap some economical fuel mileage Subarus in the near future.

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the Forum!

If you need any parts or advice let me know.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! www.kronosperformance.com sales@kronosperformance.com Call/Text 732-742-8837 We Offer a Military Discount
    Our Facebook | Our Twitter | Our Instagram | Our Pinterest
    Our featured brands
    RALLY ARMOR | BC RACING | PERRIN | MISHIMOTO | GRIMMSPEED

Quote Originally Posted by KronosPerformance View Post
    Welcome to the Forum!

If you need any parts or advice let me know.
    Sweet! I most certainly will. Thanks!!!