Week old 2012 WRX STI....
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Week old 2012 WRX STI.... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi all just purchased a 2012 STI hatch back with sport tech package....a tonne of fun so far, looking into ...

Week old 2012 WRX STI....

Hi all just purchased a 2012 STI hatch back with sport tech package....a tonne of fun so far, looking into adding some mods to it and looking for information. Off to read posts and bare with me if i post in wrong sections as new to this.....o ya had windows tinted and rally armour flaps put on so far looking at K&N air intake, downpipes and boost cluster now....

Thanks
    R

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0134.jpg 
Views:	408 
Size:	134.3 KB 
ID:	106011

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the forum and congrats on the purchase.

I would suggest starting with an accessport and then going from there. If you need a pricing on any parts let me know.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! www.kronosperformance.com sales@kronosperformance.com Call/Text 732-742-8837 We Offer a Military Discount
    Our Facebook | Our Twitter | Our Instagram | Our Pinterest
    Our featured brands
    RALLY ARMOR | BC RACING | PERRIN | MISHIMOTO | GRIMMSPEED

Congrats! I have always absolutely loved black cars, but I can't stand keeping them clean so I vowed never to buy another one
    2012 WRB WRX Sedan ...
    BPanda Build
    ...On order since 5/14/2012
    ...Picked up on 6/29/2012

Thanks to all...and yes am starting to feel your pain with the black....o well makes the kids pay for there allowance.....LOL

Quote Originally Posted by KronosPerformance View Post
    Welcome to the forum and congrats on the purchase.

I would suggest starting with an accessport and then going from there. If you need a pricing on any parts let me know.
    Have looked at the access ports...not sure if i want to go too deep into messing with the ECM yet(i think thats what they allow you to do?) am seriously looking into the K&N air intake here

and this instrument panel for a boost gauge and one other one??

Code:
    http://www.tougetuning.com/store/smyclustermaker-dual-gauge-pod-20082012-subaru-wrx-sti-p-2693.html
    Really new at this stuff so want to keep it relatively simple and stock for now and as cheap as possible but not cheap in garbage parts and install....am a firm believer in you get what you pay for.....and sorry if this is not posted in right area, re direct if out of line...

Thanks

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthie View Post
    Have looked at the access ports...not sure if i want to go too deep into messing with the ECM yet(i think thats what they allow you to do?) am seriously looking into the K&N air intake here
    The reason I'm saying you need an accessport is because you want to get an intake. You're not going to any real power without a tune and you may get check engine lights due to lack of tuning. Accessports are extremely safe tunes and should be the least of your worries.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! www.kronosperformance.com sales@kronosperformance.com Call/Text 732-742-8837 We Offer a Military Discount
    Our Facebook | Our Twitter | Our Instagram | Our Pinterest
    Our featured brands
    RALLY ARMOR | BC RACING | PERRIN | MISHIMOTO | GRIMMSPEED

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Yeah, any additions, other than a CBE, will require a tune for the engine.
    2012 WRB WRX Sedan ...
    BPanda Build

Thanks all for replies will look into the accessport first then....anyone from the North now of a good dealer to look for prices and installation? Or is it a do it yourself friendly kit...LOL

The Cobb Accessport is pretty solid at $595, I don't think I've ever seen a different price, so you can really buy it from anyone you trust will get it to you. It's a do it yourself thing, supposed to be pretty easy, but if you have any problems I've only heard good things about Cobb's customer service.
    2012 WRB WRX Sedan ...
    BPanda Build

Congrats on the purchase! I just bought a '12 WRB STi Hatch this past weekend as well, amazing car! It's almost painful to drive my Legacy back and forth to work...might just have to take the STi tomorrow. Street parking is why I haven't done so yet.

Thanks will look it up and for places in Canada.....guess the rest of crap i ordered can sit....LOL re: K&N filter and gauges, will let the piping go for now as well...

Quote Originally Posted by zefram47 View Post
    Congrats on the purchase! I just bought a '12 WRB STi Hatch this past weekend as well, amazing car! It's almost painful to drive my Legacy back and forth to work...might just have to take the STi tomorrow. Street parking is why I haven't done so yet.
    Ya there a blast...Congrats as well....so much fun it makes you want to accessorize for MORE....LMAO Have Fun!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ruthie View Post

and this instrument panel for a boost gauge and one other one??

The K&N Air Intake is super loud, trust me I bought one & you do need to get a tune afterwards. I tried just doing the Air Intake w/out the tune and I'm pretty sure I lost power and for sure responsiveness (not dyno tested however).
    It's named the Typhoon for a reason, it sounds like one is following you around!! If you like the sound of a loud turbo spin, you'll like this intake though. Good luck.

Code:
    http://www.tougetuning.com/store/smyclustermaker-dual-gauge-pod-20082012-subaru-wrx-sti-p-2693.html
    Really new at this stuff so want to keep it relatively simple and stock for now and as cheap as possible but not cheap in garbage parts and install....am a firm believer in you get what you pay for.....and sorry if this is not posted in right area, re direct if out of line...

Thanks

Welcome!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast