Week old 2012 WRX STI.... - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on Week old 2012 WRX STI.... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; you could always format/save them as a jpg and upload it as a picture? I am going to be honest.. ...

you could always format/save them as a jpg and upload it as a picture?

I am going to be honest.. .I am new to Subbies but not new to turbos and tunes (still waiting on my WRX) coming from a tuned Volvo S60R.

Typically what I have seen with boost levels not holding pressure in higher RPMS could either be:

1. Turbo Control Valve?? Not sure what they are called on Subbies or how they work on these configs but usually with the newer turbos there is a valve that sends the correct amount of pressure to the turbo. Similar to a boost controller back in the day but that was to manually control boost.. this is a solenoid valve that is controlled by the ECM. If this car has one, maybe that is only good for stock boost levels and needs upgraded?

2. There could be a small leak in your intake system causing a loss of power at higher RPMS

3. Do these turbos have a control bypass valve (CBV) on the turbo... typically where someone would install a blow off valve? If there is a diaphragm in the CBV... that spring might only be rated for stock boost levels and over time wear out so much that it will not hold boost at high rpms?

Once again I am new to WRX/STIs so excuse my noobness but I am hear to learn
    2012 WRX Hatchback ISM - Base Model - STI STS, SPT Boost Gauge, AEM Intake, TP Stage 1 Tune, red illumination kit, cobb shift knob, 20% tint - currently on stock wheels wrapped in Pirelli Winter Carving Edge Tires
    Some cool tidbits to come...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    My car was actually slightly overboosting this morning in both S and S# on the standard SF map (I hit 16.1 and 19.2 PSI) so I'm going to load the LWG map on when I get home this evening just to be safe.

By the way, the tapering of the boost at high RPMs is expected, here's a pull from their map notes (https://static.cobbtuning.com/cobbtu...AEM_v310.pdf):

Stage1+Intake 93 v310 Boost Select - Intended for 2012 Subaru Impreza WRX STI vehicles with COBB Tuning
    SF Intake or AEM Cold Air Intake with a stock or cat-back exhaust running 93 or 94 octane petrol. Boost Targets:
    ~18psi (S Sharp) or 15 psi (S) peak boost pressure tapering down to ~13.5 psi by the 6700 RPM redline, +/- 1.0
    psi.
    Last edited by ZackUSAF82; 07-03-2012 at 04:40 AM.

Stupid question... what is LWG map?

Have you tried loading your logged data?
    2012 WRX Hatchback ISM - Base Model - STI STS, SPT Boost Gauge, AEM Intake, TP Stage 1 Tune, red illumination kit, cobb shift knob, 20% tint - currently on stock wheels wrapped in Pirelli Winter Carving Edge Tires

I Support ClubWRX
    It's a Low Wastegate map Cobb developed for use if your car is overboosting with the standard map. There's also a High Wastegate map if you're not reaching the target boost level. As far as loading the logged data, I haven't logged yet, I've just been monitoring my boost and I've noticed it exceed the allowable limit a couple times...no since in risking it since this is my DD.

Update ....TIC shifter kit coming today with final gauge....its pretty pricey from the quotes i got for install of both units....$300+.....want to try and save as much money as i can....the shifter looks pretty straight forward install for the interior crap etc.....i can do all of that part of install its just the underneath of car for reverse bushings etc....does anyone know if i can install all of the inside stuff without getting underneath for now at the reverse stuff and new bushings there????????...will take it in somewhere with a hoist and pay to get that part done...thanks in advance for any info and spoon feeding a newbie...LOL

Welcome! Great car man. If I were to mod anything I would absolutely get a Accessport first.

Thanks...already have a Cobb intake and have the access port on Stage1 91 with SF....magnaflow cat back...just got shifter set in and last gauge for the SYM clustermaker insert(oil pressure and boost..)...want to throw as much in as i can by myself as possible....re the shifter and bushings underneath.....just want to know if i can tackle the inside shifter kit without getting underneath car for now to screw with the bushings there and the reverse????

cool on the short shifter, you will love it. It was the best mod I ever did on my old car. My new WRX comes with the STI Short Throw but I assume the bushings dont come with it so I will be updating the bushings as well. The bushings are what makes a big difference in feel... you sound like you got the short shifter rod kit and then another short shifter trans mount kit as well?

Its a Kartboy kit....with no instructions...LOL...reading the tonnes of posts on it...found one post for the 6speed...its 2008 but looks good...still sounds like i need to get under the car to have the lockout at the top??? heres a pic of the goods....i guess one of the bags is for the actual shifter so i don't have to reuse the stock..i can pick out the other bushings for underneath by size etc....LOL

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0097.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	58.2 KB 
ID:	106525

ya for sure, looks like you got the whole shibang kit there. The small 4 there look like bushing replacements for the actual shifter housing base... the 2 AL shafts are your shifter assembly...

here is a link to the Perrin which might give you some idea on references... looks like the rectanglular bushing goes underneath the car?? PERRIN Performance — — Rear Shifter Bushing

Thanks for help ...yes checked a few of those sites out .....thanks again...will try to post how it goes...

I Support ClubWRX
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

What a difference so far....i would put this mod at the top of the first mod to do list!!! Still have to do the underneath bushings etc....but WOW makes a fun car A RIOT to drive now!!!! Thanks for links to all, will be using them A LOT when i tackle the bushings...LOL

Ok all done all mods for now....LOL Had the car for over a month now...only pet peeve i have is with SUBARU!!! WHY SUBARU DID YOU PUT UGLY DAY RUNNING LIGHTS ON A BEAUTIFUL CAR!!!! driving me friggin nuts the day running lights look like s$%t....looking into alternatives...anyone else in canada out there hate there running lights or have changed them and too what??? Thanks

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234