Week old 2012 WRX STI.... - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Week old 2012 WRX STI.... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Update....bit the bullet....purchased/installed a magnaflow cat back system yesterday...went to look at stuff today and my credit card fell out ...

Update....bit the bullet....purchased/installed a magnaflow cat back system yesterday...went to look at stuff today and my credit card fell out of my wallet right into some guys hands...LOL bought a Cobb access port and Cobb air intake with air box...also a SMY cluster insert for the sti..replaces stock to hold two gauges...on my way to put air intake and box in...looks pretty simple only question i have is do i have to unhook the battery like suggested in instructions??? kind of over kill for what i'm doing and going to be a pain to reset stereo etc....the access port was programmed by the guy and explained with a in car lesson so thats pretty straight forward besides all the bells and whistles you can do with it...thanks for help or advise with the battery in advance as theres no thanks button under posts on this forum,,,

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I go ahead and take the positive lead off when I work with the ignition fuse. Its not hard, just annoying. Darn radio presets.

Just a side note, I didn't know subaru had a sport tech package. Will have to see what it includes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

I Support ClubWRX
    As fat as the battery, you should always disconnect the negative terminal first, and connect the negative terminal last. Already getting the mods in though dang lol im still getting there slowly.

Congrats on the car and welcome!
    '12 STi stage 2

Origin GT = impretzel
    Bf4

-JJ

Ok dun....3hrs later....LOL...flashed and ready to go...no need to disconnect power as i only have to take the sensor off/out and slide it into the new one...rest was just 10mm bolts and worst of it is getting the stock one out with the big can under it for big debris???...bigger than the windshield washer reservoir..lol will wait a bit to really try it out as the car only has 1800km on it(bought at 35).....sounds like a big truck tire loosing all its air though...LMAO Gauges next, think i'll pay to get those done....only oil and boost....as for the sport tech package i think its only the sunroof and upgraded fog lights...o and adjustable front lights...5 different settings....not sure if thats stock on the normal sti...sportech has the pioneer stereo as well with upgraded and more speakers/window tweeters etc....not sure what else have never read/compared them that much...thanks again for replies!!!

Ruthie

Sweet man, get some pictures of the mods up!

Congrats and welcome!

What do you think of the power difference versus stock?
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

I Support ClubWRX
    Gotcha. Yeah in 2011 they didn't offer a sunroof for the hatch. Also I think the only stereo upgrade was for the navigation stuff. Headlight adjustability is standard. Fogs were standard for my year I think in the five door.

On the battery note, bad mistake on my part. Always lift the ground terminal first. Wasn't thinking. I assumed you had meant for the gauge install, not the intake.

Enjoy the ride :-). Personally, I'd go for the turninconcepts super shift kit before anything. Makes driving the car a whole new experience.
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log

Quote Originally Posted by Heide264 View Post
    Gotcha. Yeah in 2011 they didn't offer a sunroof for the hatch. Also I think the only stereo upgrade was for the navigation stuff. Headlight adjustability is standard. Fogs were standard for my year I think in the five door.

On the battery note, bad mistake on my part. Always lift the ground terminal first. Wasn't thinking. I assumed you had meant for the gauge install, not the intake.

Enjoy the ride :-). Personally, I'd go for the turninconcepts super shift kit before anything. Makes driving the car a whole new experience.
    Ok on the lights standard...i read now for the 2012 the sunroof and fog lights are the package...and the pioneer Navi system with the speaker upgrade...think thats about it...will look into the super shift...is that the hand peddles on the steering wheel??

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny1106 View Post
    Sweet man, get some pictures of the mods up!
    Heres some pics so far of the catback and the intake...going to look at the gauges today and see what it all involves....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0142.JPG 
Views:	120 
Size:	181.9 KB 
ID:	106151Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0156.JPG 
Size:	200.6 KB 
ID:	106152Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0157.JPG 
Size:	186.9 KB 
ID:	106153

and the intake.....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0154.JPG 
Size:	228.6 KB 
ID:	106154Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0145.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	69.4 KB 
ID:	106155

If mods want to move this thread to on going mods or ??? thats cool as i know this is the newbie forum which i am but this is turning into a work in progress....LOL
    Last edited by ruthie; 06-23-2012 at 05:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    Congrats and welcome!

What do you think of the power difference versus stock?
    HUGE difference but i only took it out last night and didn't give it.....its loud when you kick the turbo in in sport#.....can just imagine what it sounds like from the outside/NEIGHBOURS....LOL I'm sure a lot of it has to do with the access port tuning/flash.....less turbo lag and almost immediate JUMP is what i've notice so far......great addition if you don't mind the sound!!!

Looks really good.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    2012 SWP 5door Premium!!!

K some newbie questions...its seems i have lost a lot of boost from normal?? Have driven it in normal/sport/sport# modes to let ECM reset properly....can hear the intake working great and have checked it twice for loose/leaks etc....just seems to not have the punch it did with stock?? Also seems to shut down early(around 5000-5500 rpm...either that or i can't hear it sucking at that speed?) loaded normal stage 1-sf-91octane boost..am running 94 octane in engine right now but 91 is usually what gas a lot of stations carry so went with that map...wondering theres 2 other maps--1 for low wastage=vehicles exceeding target boost and #2=High wastage--vehicles not reaching target boost....wondering if i should try the not reaching target one??? Also because of cat back how much difference is between stage 1 and 2??? I know stage 2 should have a dwnpipe on it thats it but does it matter since i change to aftermarket magnaflow cat back and relieved a lot of muffler back pressure as its more open now???? any ideas peeps?? Also with the amount of driving i did yesterday the gas gauge didn't even move...used to it using A LOT more when driving in sport/sport# with punching it every once in a while in the city?????

K ran access port manage/monitor in 4th gear.....running 18.9psi in sport# and 15.7 in sport...ran it in normal as well is about the same a sport???? So i guess ECU(not ECM as previously stated..lol) is fine and running properly and still learning a bit after 2 days....so now just the gage cluster left to tackle with boost and oil pressure only...looks like a pain removing alternator so going to let someone else do them...LOL Notice suckouts in same spot on monitor graph/file on computer and can also notice it when on 100% throttle anyone else notice the turbo lag in different spots when on full throttle punch ..?? thnks

I Support ClubWRX
    Didn't get a chance to read the tune issues.

Just to clarify, the super shift kit contains all your shifter bushings and a shorter lever. Makes shifting a much more enjoyable experience. More like a muscle car feel with actual gates... Less like a pile of indeterminate goo.

It may be named something else for the 5mt. Just look around on their site.
    2011 STi Build Log

Thanks for info...have looked into the shift kit....seems they don't have one for the 2012 yet and not in the 6 speed??? Looked on there site and elsewhere only for 08 is what i could find.....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast