New Rex on the way
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on New Rex on the way within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi all, just stopping in to say hi and make my first post. I just traded in my 2008 Outback ...

New Rex on the way

Hi all, just stopping in to say hi and make my first post. I just traded in my 2008 Outback tonight for a brand new 2012 WRX Premium Wagon. I should have the car in a day or two since it will be brought in from another dealer. Until then I'll play around with the brand new Forester I got as a loaner.

I've never owned a brand new car and would appreciate any tips/tricks on break in and things of that nature.

Also, a few years ago I had a 2007 WRX TR and loved it. I would love input from anyone that has owned both.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

congrats!

I think one of the biggest things, especially with a car like the WRX, you need to remember to not WOT it until you get your first 1000 miles on it. You'll have to look at the manual because I can't remember what they recommend to keep the RPM's under, I think it's 4k though. And, from what I read on the forums, the first oil change is very important too, I'll have to do more research on that myself to find out when I should get my first one done.
    2012 WRB WRX Sedan ...
    BPanda Build
    ...On order since 5/14/2012
    ...Picked up on 6/29/2012

Thanks bpanda, I'll be sure to read and follow once I get a car and manual ;-)

Kate, just read your first post and the saga with your first. Ever find another one?

I Support ClubWRX
    Congratulations.

Post pics when you get the car.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Welcome! That's a big upgrade!

Post some pics

Actually its a smaller upgrade ;-).

I will miss the Outback and will likely purchase a used one in a few years as a throw around offroad etc

Quote Originally Posted by himuraken View Post
    Actually its a smaller upgrade ;-)
    Okay... Definitely a pretty big upgrade. Going from a non-turbo car to a turbo car. At least you still have the trunk space Why did you get rid of the '07 WRX? I have a '07 WRX Limited now (bought brand new in May 2007)

Quote Originally Posted by 96accord View Post
    Why did you get rid of the '07 WRX? I have a '07 WRX Limited now (bought brand new in May 2007)
    I had the TR sedan and I loved it. Long story short, I had some equity in the car and wanted to use that equity towards a financial goal at the time. Plus I knew that I would be getting another one eventually and wanted a hatch. Personally, I think the 06/07's are better looking, but maybe the new one will grow on me. I require dependable transportation and didn't want to be in a 06 or 07 that could have been flogged to death by some boy racer.

Also worth mentioning, here in southern Florida, its tough to find Subaru's of any variety that haven't been salted to death from snow birds. Every time that I have found what seemed like a great WRX, Forester, OB etc and climbed under it in the lot, they are either rusted, about to rust, or rusted with some sort of dealer (guessing) cover up black spray job. So long story short, the OB was full of equity and I wanted my Rex back so I went and got it. :-)

Oh you bought the '07 TR used. I gotcha. Yeah that makes sense. I bought mine brand new with 8 miles on here so she wasn't abused.

I do like the newer Subies. They have grown on me. I feel bad for the '08 owners especially but the '09-'10 owners too since the '11s/'12s are much better looking IMO.

In an interesting turn of fate.... One night a couple of years ago I was rolling around town after dinner with my wife in our then 2007 Impreza 2.5i with auto trans/non-turbo with about 50K miles on it. As we passed a local reputable Toyota dealer I noticed the 2007 TR. The TR had the two main things I was missing: manual and turbo. Aside from that, the color, and a difference of less than 250 miles, the cars were identical. That TR was awesome and had not one issue.

I just checked and decided I would post a pic or two of the old TR, man she was sweet. The looks I got from the local rednecks while pulling my boat through the deep sugar sand while spinning all four was priceless :-)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMAGE_065.jpg   IMAGE_070.jpg  

Nice. Where do you live? Since you said rednecks.

Ahh so you went from 2.5i to WRX TR to Outback to '12 WRX Love your Subies

I must admit of been called a redneck once or twice myself although I doubt thats true, redneck is usually a compliment if I say it :-) South Florida here.

And yes I like Subies... Its actually: 2007 2.5i to 2007 WRX TR to other junk to 2008 Outback, bought the wife a 2012 Impreza Sport Premium (two tone) a few weeks ago, and now 2012 WRX. Whew.

2012 Impreza Sport Premium (two tone) a few weeks ago, and now 2012 WRX. Whew.
    To clarify, tomorrow morning we will have a new 2012 WRX in addition to our new 2012 Impreza Sport

I just traded in my 2008 Outback tonight for a brand new 2012 WRX Premium Wagon.
    To clarify, tomorrow morning we will have a new 2012 WRX in addition to our new 2012 Impreza Sport
    Oh. I see you will be getting rid of the Outback but have a '12 WRX and '12 Impreza Sport.

I must admit of been called a redneck once or twice myself although I doubt thats true, redneck is usually a compliment if I say it :-) South Florida here.

And yes I like Subies... Its actually: 2007 2.5i to 2007 WRX TR to other junk to 2008 Outback, bought the wife a 2012 Impreza Sport Premium (two tone) a few weeks ago, and now 2012 WRX. Whew.
    South Florida.. Isn't that where the old people go when they retire? lol

I understand now. So '12 Impreza Sport & a '12 WRX. Damn!! Living the good life

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast