Noob from Central Cali
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Noob from Central Cali within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just got my 12 DGM WRX about half a month ago. The power and handling of the car has been ...

Noob from Central Cali

Just got my 12 DGM WRX about half a month ago. The power and handling of the car has been awesome, especially since I finally reached my 1000 mile mark. Been trying to see if anyone with an STI wants to trade trunks because I like the STI wing but no luck so far. :-(

Here she is 2 weeks old

Edit: sorry, I meant Cali as in California and not the city in the BC.
    Last edited by mon3yboi; 06-14-2012 at 10:59 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome, see the trunk swap thread; photo not showing; Cali is in Colombia.

Edit: you have the 4 door? DGM a great colour, was eyeing one recently, always looks clean unlike black.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the forum.

Lol,I was expecting that from Spiros. He hates Cali as much as Zax hates dark tinted taillights.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Welcome!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Welcome to the forum.

Lol,I was expecting that from Spiros. He hates Cali as much as Zax hates dark tinted taillights.
    I've learned a great deal about Cali as a result, and would not mind visiting. It's the third largest city in the country and is growing fastest economically. Lots of interesting info here:
    Cali - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Anyway, welcome to the forum and see the link in my signature for info on parts, mods if interested, etc.
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Yeah, I have the 4dr sedan. My first choice was SWP but there were hardly any in central and northern California that tue dealers I talked to didn't want to work with me on pricing so I ended up going with my #2 color choice and got the Dark Gray Metallic. BTW Cali -> California -> hardest state to pass smog in.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mon3yboi View Post
    BTW Cali -> California
    Let's agree to disagree on that.

-> hardest state to pass smog in.
    I disagree on that too.

You won't need to worry about a smog inspection for six years because your car is new.

If your car is used but built after 2000, read Assembly bill 2289. AB 2289 would eliminate the exhaust gas test for any post 2000 petrol vehicle, and also eliminate the dyno test (Subarus are exempt from the latter anyway). This means your car will only be tested via OBD at ca. the year 2018 or so, if ever depending on how long you keep it.

When I first heard about AB 2289, while talking to a smog tech, I thought it was myopic and silly. Now that I've had a chance to think things over I like it less. AB 2289 is an absolute disaster for the environment and I can't imagine the smog that will result. Hopefully I'm wrong.

However, smog testing hasn't been this easy since the 1970s.

EDIT: Aha! Pic is showing, nice car congrats. S
    Last edited by SD_GR; 06-14-2012 at 10:49 AM.

AB 2289 sounds like the last thing CA needs right now. We have the red moon everynight in the central valley already from all the smog. And it especially sucks for me because my project car is a 96 civic that would still have to do the sniffer even if the bill passed. Lol.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mon3yboi View Post
    AB 2289 sounds like the last thing CA needs right now. We have the red moon everynight in the central valley already from all the smog. And it especially sucks for me because my project car is a 96 civic that would still have to do the sniffer even if the bill passed. Lol.
    I'm worried too, because I remember in the late 80s as a student not being able to see the mountains around the LA area basin for all the smog. Then over the next two decades even though the number of cars increased, the smog decreased. However I suspect this will set us back as far as breathing is concerned.

My oldest car will still go through a dyno test and sniffer as usual also.

Welcome! Another new DGM owner! Seems like a very popular color!!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.