Is this even possible?

This is a discussion on Is this even possible? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok, I've been looking up tons of videos because of my anticipation of getting my own WRX. I found this ...

Is this even possible?

Ok, I've been looking up tons of videos because of my anticipation of getting my own WRX. I found this and was wondering if it's realistic to get these results. I understand the guy has some extra work done to the car, but it seems like it's a before and after when he installed a Cobb Intake... The "after" makes it sound like he installed a BOV too. I absolutely love the sound and can't wait to put the Cobb SF Intake on it to hear that. But I guess I couldn't think of why you would get such a loud BOV sound with just installing an intake... Here's the video, the "after" part begins at 1:30.
    2011 WRX Cobb SF Intake Before & After, Driveby - YouTube
    2012 WRB WRX Sedan ...
    BPanda Build
    ...On order since 5/14/2012
    ...Picked up on 6/29/2012

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

yes. you have to think of what you are eliminating when you take out the stock intake. the cobb is very "open" compared to stock... example... no resonater

If you read info he has other mods. Invidia catback, invidia downpipe , stage 2 tune, sf intake & airbox. It's the combo of all those mods that change the sound. If you do intake you will have to tune your car as well. Are you planning to tune it? When you getting your Rex? I bet it sucks to wait for the order. I originally ordered then purchased from a dealer 4hrs away when they had a cancel. Glad I didn't have to wait but trust me it's an awesome car you're oing to love it.
    11 SWP LMTD Hatch SPT Exhaust, Kartboy STS w/ Bushings, 30% Tint, Red tails, Stage 1 TP Tune

You will get that "woosh" sound with some aftermarket intakes, as they are much more open than the stock intake.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

with the cone style filter youll also here the stock recirc which is the blow off sound better, as well as the turbo spool up/ and the air the filter is sucking in

Quote Originally Posted by YorkWRX11 View Post
    If you read info he has other mods. Invidia catback, invidia downpipe , stage 2 tune, sf intake & airbox. It's the combo of all those mods that change the sound.
    Lol, I did read that, that's why I said, "I understand that the guy has some extra work done to the car..." This will be my first turbo and I've always loved that sound a BOV makes, so I am looking forward to getting this mod done, not sure if I want to do it before the warranty is done though.
    The car is supposed to be in late June early July, it's killing me waiting for it. And yeah, when I get the intake, I'll be getting the Cobb AP also, figured it would be the safest way to keep the engine alright and thought it would be nice to be able to have all the extra little things you get with the AP.
    2012 WRB WRX Sedan ...
    BPanda Build
    ...On order since 5/14/2012
    ...Picked up on 6/29/2012