Anyone still able to get a good deal?

This is a discussion on Anyone still able to get a good deal? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi everyone, I'm in the market for a new WRX and wanted to say hello and ask a question. I've ...

Anyone still able to get a good deal?

Hi everyone, I'm in the market for a new WRX and wanted to say hello and ask a question. I've been lurking for a few weeks.

I'm checking my local (New England) dealer lots and noticing fewer and fewer 2012 WRX hatches. It seems like the ones they do have move very quickly. Is anyone still getting any good deals? I remember a thread a while ago where people were paying around invoice on base models (25,000ish). Just wondering how much bargaining power I have.

Much appreciated,
    GB

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I just bought a sedan under invoice. Have you gone to the subaru new england website? You can search inventory there for all of new england. I would start there, then e-mail all the dealers for a quote, you should get some back that are decent and some that are list price. It's all over the place as far as pricing. Where are you in new england and how far are you willing to go? Some dealers will even deliver for you.

I bought a WRX hatch for invoice two weeks ago here in Florida. They also beat CarMax by $1100 on my trade. I am pleased with the deal

i definately wouldnt go over invoice. i got my 2012 wrx hatch limited for about 1500 under. probably less wiggle room on the base model but ive seen recently under 25k.
    yes they are stupid hard to find, but dealers want your money if u qualify and are serious.

i got mine 10 weeks ago across the country from you. the hatches are impossible to find here!! americans only want 4 door sedans they say...
    Last edited by leebruk; 06-14-2012 at 06:26 AM.

Thanks guys, yeah I think I need to call around. How much are you guys doing by email vs in person when it comes to calling for quotes and contacting dealers about price?

i did everything via internet/phone/texting, i am 2.5 hours from my dealer and work 2 jobs had no time otherwise. had everything negotiated before i even saw the car in person.
    the #1 thing i can say is: find a good dealer! i contacted 2-3 before i found one. As soon as they give u any BS move on to the next one without a 2nd thought. And have a backup plan, i was fully prepared to go look at speed3's if things went awry..(ugly as they are, i figured i could live w a black one)

I second that. I contacted almost every dealer in new England. Mostly by email and them some over the phone. You can feel out the going rate that way and then narrow down the exact car you are looking for. I just picked mine up in Maine last night. Having never stepped foot in the dealer before or even seen the car. Was in and out in 10 minutes. On top of the great price they also throw in lifetime powertrain warranty. If you are willing to deal with a lot of emails and a little bit of extra wait time especially if in a different state then that's the way to go.

I got mine for 1200 under invoice and got them to put the 3m clear bra on the whole front for free. all weather mats and a cool wrx carbon fiber keychain too lol. that was in 2011 but yes you can get a good deal just find a good reputable dealer that sells a lot of cars and there is room for bargaining