A 30th ill never forget!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on A 30th ill never forget! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Last july, my wife and I went shopping for a new car for my wife. she wanted something safe, decent ...

A 30th ill never forget!

Last july, my wife and I went shopping for a new car for my wife. she wanted something safe, decent on gas and enough room for our 2 daughters (at the time 3 years old, and due in november) and all the stuff that kids require. She liked the vw jetta sport wagon tdi, which we had been reading reviews of 50+ mpg..she was sold on that alone. We test drive it, she liked it and we scheduled another appt with the dealer to hammer out #s and take one home. basically a sure sale for him. We show up, another salesman says he's on a test drive and will be back in a few min. 45 mins go by, he's still not back. (I've never been on a test drive that lasted more than 10 min myself) so by now, we're bored to tears, and we start browsing the subaru dealer right next door to the vw dealer. She is now very interested in the outback. They have one with all the options she wants, we sign, we pick it up 2 days later. We traded in my hand-me-down 200? neon for her to get a new car.. And guess what I get? her old 200? Who gives a crap what year it's a lousy hyundai elantra! Now the whole time were looking at the subaru dealer, I'm reminding her how much I've always wanted a WRX since I had first seen rally cross as a teenager. A few weeks later I test drive a WRX and I LOVED it as much as I thought I would, but didnt say much, just kept thinking about it as a dream car. Over the next couple months I keep reminding her on how she always gets the new cars, and I'm always stuck with the hand me down. And at the same time she is throwing out questions which at the time seemed irrelevant to me, but she was felling me out. She would ask me about her father, who had been thinking about selling his '02 vette, and I'd say I would love it, but where would the kids go? And then she'd ask about a maxima, and while I do like them, I told her that I wasnt interested because it was fwd and you couldn't get one with a manual tranny anymore. Basically the whole time implying that I just want a WRX. now we got our tax return, and totally pay off my hand-me-down elantra, and it feels good to again have only one car payment. So good that I forget about the WRX.
    now we start talking about my 30th bday.. We usually have a bbq for my birthday, and she asked me if I want to do a bbq, or go to vegas for UFC 148 in july, 2012(both of us are big fight fans) I didnt have to think to long about that.. Vegas, here we come! So now my birthday is comming up, our trip is booked, and I'm expecting a card, and maybe a cute, goofy gift. no goofy gift.. my dream come true! OBP 5 door WRX in my driveway!
    I've had the car for almost a month now, and I'm absolutely in love with it.
    so far, I've added the spt boost gauge, and tinted the windows 5% on the back windows and windshield visor, and 20% on the front windows. Next, I'm looking to do an exhaust & intake, and maybe rims and a set of all season tires for the snowy NY winters. Other than that I dont feel as if it needs much... But than again, I've only had about a month!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the forum.

Where in NY ?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Long island

That's awesome. What a nice gift from the mrs! Now all you need to do is stage1 tune it.
    11 SWP LMTD Hatch SPT Exhaust, Kartboy STS w/ Bushings, 30% Tint, Red tails, Stage 1 TP Tune

Before I do anything, I've got to figure out what I'm doing for her 30th... I'm not sure I can come close to what she did, so I guess I'll just send her some flowers

Welcome, and great story! Nice ladies you got there
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Tag Heuer is having a friends and family sale now.... they are expensive watches.... $1,500+ but she will love it. Click link if interested.
    http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos...68110793_n.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by 90crxfreak View Post
    Tag Heuer is having a friends and family sale now.... they are expensive watches.... $1,500+ but she will love it. Click link if interested.
    http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos...68110793_n.jpg
    Have you talked to her? She has been eyeing the aqua racer with the diamond bezel for some time now.. something like $5500!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RichD514 View Post
    Have you talked to her? She has been eyeing the aqua racer with the diamond bezel for some time now.. something like $5500!
    Perfect. Plus you get the discount through 90crxfreak.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

That's a really awesome story man! You got yourself a keeper.

Welcome to the forum!!
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    Wow ... great story. I should have my wife read it.

Enjoy the car!
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP Stage 2 93, Cobb DP, RAs, STS (the dream comes true ...)

Welcome to the forum man. Make sure you tell your wife you appreciate her. I need to remind myself how lucky I am sometimes to have an awesome wife. I was going to buy a used WRX (still awesome), she wanted me to have what I really wanted. She stood behind my decision and loves driving the STi as well.

Congrats on the car man!

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Welcome first of all! Damn! I'm jealous.

Are you still going to Vegas for the fight? I'd say the WRX is good enough and you don't need to go to Vegas lol

That's a pretty f-in' sweet gift! She make all the $$ to be able to pull off a stunt like that (unlike my wife).
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.