think im getting a 2013 - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on think im getting a 2013 within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; This link may help you out....

This link may help you out.
    2012 Limited World Rally Blue Pearl Subaru Impreza World Rally Xross Sedan ...
    ...On order since 4/14/2012; Received VIN 7/4/2012; ETA 8/6/2012; Delivered 8/9/2012
    OTS AP Stage 1 9/15/2012

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by hindude View Post
    This link may help you out.
    yes ty

I want to know some concrete info about the '13s.. But like someone said it's all speculation..

hindude: over 2 month wait for a '12 WRX... Crazy. I would NOT wait that long. I would have canceled that order but that's me. :-X

If it were the exact car I wanted I think it would be worth the wait for me. But yes I cannot wait for some concrete info for the 2013

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 96accord View Post
    hindude: over 2 month wait for a '12 WRX... Crazy. I would NOT wait that long. I would have canceled that order but that's me. :-X
    2 months is nothing. I waited for 3.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Plus, you weren't even the longest. Wasn't there someone who waited something like 6 months awhile back?
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    Plus, you weren't even the longest.
    I hate you. That was between us. You promised you wouldn't tell anyone.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    I hate you. That was between us. You promised you wouldn't tell anyone.

I was thinking "dong joke incoming in 3... 2... 1... and there it is!"
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon

Quick! Somebody start talking about bewbs, it's getting uncomfortable in here with so much bromance flying around!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I want to know some concrete info about the '13s.. But like someone said it's all speculation..

If I canceled the order, I would have to get a '13 and that may end up being a new gen. I do NOT want to buy the first MY of a new gen cause they usually have to make "tweaks" to it and end up making a better car the second year. I would alway feel like I was in a sub-par car. Plus, I got a really good deal on my '12 so I'm gonna wait it out. One positive thing about having to wait this long is I am gonna need to barrow less money to buy it.
    ...On order since 4/14/2012; Received VIN 7/4/2012; ETA 8/6/2012; Delivered 8/9/2012
    OTS AP Stage 1 9/15/2012

Yeah... But still. That's a long wait for a car. I guess you all that waited a while didn't need a vehicle right away?

If I canceled the order, I would have to get a '13 and that may end up being a new gen. I do NOT want to buy the first MY of a new gen cause they usually have to make "tweaks" to it and end up making a better car the second year. I would alway feel like I was in a sub-par car. Plus, I got a really good deal on my '12 so I'm gonna wait it out. One positive thing about having to wait this long is I am gonna need to barrow less money to buy it.
    Yeah true about the "tweaks" being made to the 1st year of the generation.

I Support ClubWRX
    If I canceled the order, I would have to get a '13 and that may end up being a new gen. I do NOT want to buy the first MY of a new gen cause they usually have to make "tweaks" to it and end up making a better car the second year. I would alway feel like I was in a sub-par car.

Yeah true about the "tweaks" being made to the 1st year of the generation.
    There were no major issues with the 2002 wrx, 2004 STI, 2006 wrx (2.5L intro), 2008 WRX (other than it was somewhat soft and wasn't as cool looking, still ran fine), and the 2011's haven't had many issues have they? So why would the 2013 be soo bad? If its awesome, gets good fuel economy, is available in a hatch and reasonably priced, I'm in for a 2013....hopefully STI.

First model year jitters are usually reserved for completely blank sheet new introduction cars like the BRZ, Velocster, etc. Buying the first year of those you risk a little more, but lets face it, the OEM's know that first impressions might be their last in a lot of cases and with the internet, it is a much much smaller worls, so they try their damndest to get it right on V1.0 now.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Do you know if there is truth behind the rumors that the next gen will have a 2.0l engine?

I Support ClubWRX
    Next gen will very likely have a 2.0L, based on what Subaru is releasing now in Japan. Whether or not the 2013 will be the "next gen" is an altogether different topic. There are many next gen WRX rumor threads in the "New Cars and Prototypes" forum, I suggest you check out the last gossip there, BUT! Bear in mind Subaru is notoriously tight-lipped about their upcoming models, and extremely good at keeping their secrets. All the rumors you read about are just that: conjectures. Only when the new car is released will we really know what the car looks like and how it's equipped.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon

Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    There were no major issues with the 2002 wrx, 2004 STI, 2006 wrx (2.5L intro), 2008 WRX (other than it was somewhat soft and wasn't as cool looking, still ran fine), and the 2011's haven't had many issues have they? So why would the 2013 be soo bad? If its awesome, gets good fuel economy, is available in a hatch and reasonably priced, I'm in for a 2013....hopefully STI.

First model year jitters are usually reserved for completely blank sheet new introduction cars like the BRZ, Velocster, etc. Buying the first year of those you risk a little more, but lets face it, the OEM's know that first impressions might be their last in a lot of cases and with the internet, it is a much much smaller worls, so they try their damndest to get it right on V1.0 now.
    You make a good point, 06wrx4me. Manufacturers really do have to work harder to get it right the first time in today's day. I know this is just speculation but IF the new WRX does have the FA20, they HAVE already turbocharged it in the legacy in Japan so I guess there is less a chance that it wouldn't be mechanically sound. I think what would really bother me would be some of the aesthetic improvements they make to a car a couple years into a generation of a car.

For example the 7th gen honda civic was around for 5 years. They remodeled the taillights and improved the shape of the front end in the last 2 years of the generation of the car. Even with the latest gen of the WRX they gave it the wide body style that the STi has in the last 2 years. I'm not saying the '08 looks bad at all. I'm just saying they improved it a little at the end of it's generation.
    OTS AP Stage 1 9/15/2012

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast