Wheel Width
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Wheel Width within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; whats the widest wheel possible on a 11 wrx i was thinking about going for a 18X 8.5 all around ...

Wheel Width

whats the widest wheel possible on a 11 wrx
    i was thinking about going for a 18X 8.5 all around has anyone done that?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

With the right offset an 8.5" wheel will fit just fine. I would say mid 40* offset would be perfect
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

well, your factory wheels are 17x8 w +53mm offset. Check out this wheel size caculator and it might help you. With the sti style wider body you can actually go pretty far in the width category.

Custom rims, wheel tire packages for your ride - RIMSnTIRES.com
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Hey mangostick, I'm pretty sure the WRX and STi had the same wide body style in 2011 ans 2012 (at least, that's what I've read a bunch of places). Shouldn't any wheel width that fits on the STi also fit on the WRX?
    Last edited by hindude; 06-15-2012 at 08:12 AM.
    2012 Limited World Rally Blue Pearl Subaru Impreza World Rally Xross Sedan ...
    ...On order since 4/14/2012; Received VIN 7/4/2012; ETA 8/6/2012; Delivered 8/9/2012
    OTS AP Stage 1 9/15/2012

BTW, that's a really helpful link you posted, mangostick.
    2012 Limited World Rally Blue Pearl Subaru Impreza World Rally Xross Sedan ...
    ...On order since 4/14/2012; Received VIN 7/4/2012; ETA 8/6/2012; Delivered 8/9/2012
    OTS AP Stage 1 9/15/2012

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.