NEW, well kinda...lol
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on NEW, well kinda...lol within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everyone, good to be back! I bought a 2011 WRX 5-door back at the end of 2010. Drove the ...

NEW, well kinda...lol

Hey everyone, good to be back!

I bought a 2011 WRX 5-door back at the end of 2010. Drove the car for 18 months and sold it. Only lost the tax costs, which was awesome. I sold it to get some money back to redo my kitchen in my new house.

Well the time has come for me to return to the new car market. I debated a 135i since my previous car to 2011 WRX was a 335i. So I drove it, loved it, did some math, but started to reminisce about my REX and had to come back. I missed it too much. Yes the BMW is a great performer, but for the money and fun I figured I couldn't go wrong with REX.

So new, well kinda in the sense that yes the car is new but I am simply back! Went with white this time around, I debated between grey and white the first time, and as much I liked the grey, part of me always regretted not getting the white. I think its because the first time I saw the new style (08 and up) the stock photo was of a white 5-door sideways around a bend. LOL

So yea really happy to be back. Plus this time I got some options on it, rather than just base.

Auto-dimming mirror, Bumper cover, center armrest extension, compass, exhaust finisher, home link, STi short throw shifter <- best thing of my life!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails photo copy.JPG   photo.JPG   iphone 013.jpg   iphone 011.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

welcome back. glad you made the right decision

I Support ClubWRX
    Either is a good choice. Grey won't show dirt, while will stay cool etc. Nice cars.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome back.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome back!
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Either is an awesome choice. i am partial to black when it is clean....but hard to keep that way
    Stink-Eye Mob #270
    Enjoy your driving.

Thanks! The white is pretty sweet so far. I like that only at certain angles its pearly. Seriously though, short shift kit! If I knew how different it was I would have made it my frist mod last time around instead of considering it towards the end. Really happy this car had it already. Also got lucky that a dealer close (enough) to me had a white in stock. Supply is mad low these days and couldn't order.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome back

No pictures of the redone kitchen?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Thanks! Lol not on me.

Quote Originally Posted by hisdigness View Post
    Thanks! The white is pretty sweet so far. I like that only at certain angles its pearly. Seriously though, short shift kit! If I knew how different it was I would have made it my frist mod last time around instead of considering it towards the end. Really happy this car had it already. Also got lucky that a dealer close (enough) to me had a white in stock. Supply is mad low these days and couldn't order.
    Did you get the STI Bushings with it? It'll make shifting that much better
    2012 WRB WRX Sedan ...
    BPanda Build
    ...On order since 5/14/2012
    ...Picked up on 6/29/2012

Quote Originally Posted by BPanda View Post
    Did you get the STI Bushings with it? It'll make shifting that much better
    Yeah the short shifter is pretty awesome. Im assuming the 09 I picked up has one installed but the dealer didn't know so I don't know for sure. From what I hear the WRX throw is pretty long stock and I've Driven many different manual cars, some with and some without STS, and mine is one of the tightest I've driven. Any Idea of how I wold know for sure and what kind? I know that there is the SPT and the STI ones. I'm pretty happy with it and don't think I would change it anyway but if I could help it along with better bushings I might.
    Stink-Eye Mob #270
    Enjoy your driving.

Not sure about the bushings as this car was built by the dealer and in their inventory. The sticker just says STI 5mt short throw shift something or other.

However, when I was building the WRX on the site and selected the Short throw shifter it automatically selected the STI bushings so I can only assume/hope that is the case with my 2012.

Outside of my assumptions and hopes, it feels pretty epic compared to stock and very smooth/short/snappy. With that being said, is there an easy way to check which bushing I have?

Welcome back!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by hisdigness View Post
    Not sure about the bushings as this car was built by the dealer and in their inventory. The sticker just says STI 5mt short throw shift something or other.

However, when I was building the WRX on the site and selected the Short throw shifter it automatically selected the STI bushings so I can only assume/hope that is the case with my 2012.

Outside of my assumptions and hopes, it feels pretty epic compared to stock and very smooth/short/snappy. With that being said, is there an easy way to check which bushing I have?
    Welcome back. It's good to see that you picked a faster color this time. The newfound speed of SWP will take some getting used to.

As for the bushings, the easiest way to tell which ones you have is to crawl under the car and check. If your bushing is one piece and soft as hell, its OEM.

Check your rear stay one as well. It should look like this - Not this -
    Last edited by lokey; 06-12-2012 at 04:25 AM. Reason: Oops, was thinking about shift linkage bushings..
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Very nice
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! - www.kronosperformance.com - Call/Text 732-742-8837 |
    AIM Screenname - KronosParts | GoogleTalk - sales@kronosperformance.com | Military Discount
    Kronos has Special Pricings on Process West & Agency Power!
    CONTACT US DIRECTLY FOR SPECIALS AND PROMOTIONS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast