New Subaru owner
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New Subaru owner within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everyone...finally bought an 09 wrx back in March, and I decided since I don't know much about turbo cars, ...

Registered User mutinymilitia777's Avatar

New Subaru owner

Hey everyone...finally bought an 09 wrx back in March, and I decided since I don't know much about turbo cars, or Subaru's, I would join the forum and try to get some advice, info, etc from you guys!

Here is my baby!

PS- Can anyone direct me to a good place to start with engine mods? It's completely stock, and I was thinking about the k&n typhoon intake, but my two concerns are spending a ton of money on it, and voiding any warranty. Thanks in advance!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the Forum

If you're going to start with modifications, I would suggest staying simple and going right to an accessport. Avoid the intake as as the first modification because you'd want a tune to go with it. If you want an intake, get the Accessport first and then get the intake, then you'll have a tuner that will work properly for it.

We're doing a deal on an Accessport + Free Hella Supertone Horns. Let me know if you're interested.

Kronos Accessport Sale / Buy an Accessport and Get Free Hella Supertones
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! www.kronosperformance.com sales@kronosperformance.com Call/Text 732-742-8837 We Offer a Military Discount
    Our Facebook | Our Twitter | Our Instagram | Our Pinterest
    Our featured brands
    RALLY ARMOR | BC RACING | PERRIN | MISHIMOTO | GRIMMSPEED

When it comes to turbo's make sure you tune them for aftermarket parts. A cat back exhaust doesn't need a retune, but if you get a down or up pipe you'll keep to have it tuned, same goes for an intake. Like Kronos said, get the accessport first. It does have the possibility of voiding the warranty if something happens to the engine though.
    2012 WRB WRX Sedan ...
    BPanda Build
    ...On order since 5/14/2012
    ...Picked up on 6/29/2012

Thanks for the advice guys. Don't think i'm ready to spend that amount just yet, so I will hold off for now until I can do it the rht way and get the accessport before anything else.

Btw kronos, do you have a storefront? I'm in PA, and travel all over NJ for work. Maybe I can stop in one day?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mutinymilitia777 View Post
    Btw kronos, do you have a storefront? I'm in PA, and travel all over NJ for work. Maybe I can stop in one day?
    No we don't have a store front currently but you can call me anytime and I can discuss a good direction for your project. 732-742-8837
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! www.kronosperformance.com sales@kronosperformance.com Call/Text 732-742-8837 We Offer a Military Discount
    Our featured brands

Hey welcome,
    The WRB is a great color and the first thing I plan for mine is an access port followed by an intake and down pipe.
    Stink-Eye Mob #270
    Enjoy your driving.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by JayBee09 View Post
    Hey welcome,
    The WRB is a great color and the first thing I plan for mine is an access port followed by an intake and down pipe.
    Whenever you're ready to do that, let me know and I can get you a good price.
    Our featured brands

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.