new to this scene :) - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on new to this scene :) within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Welcome! Glad to hear you like the car....

Welcome! Glad to hear you like the car.
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I actually have really bad news about the car (which I bought last week).... if anyone is even still paying attention to this.....

I kind of bought the car on whim, they had just gotten it and I was so excited that one was FINALLY for sale in my area, which is totally Subaru country... Asheville for you fellow North Carolinians... so I'm in the mountains and AWD vehicles are a necessity. Long story short... They let me take the car before anything had been done... I had them put it in detail while I was signing the paper work (it hadn't even been cleaned) and I KNOW, I KNOW I was too anxious and it was a terrible idea. ANYWAYS they had me bring the car back so they could do an NC state inspection (which they were supposed to do before they even sold me the car, and didn't) and they called me later that day while I was at work, with my old car with dealer tags on it, and said the subie needed new shocks, struts, and front and back brakes..... yeah someone jumped that biatch.... so they gave me an ultimatum to pay half of the costs to fix (around $1500) or just un-do everything and take my car back.... I chose the second... so here I am again with my stupid Mariner.

Every time I think about getting in my car now I wanna cry because I FINALLY got my dream car... for a few days... and then it was taken away from me. Luckily, the dealership was awesome about the whole thing and was honest (If you live in Aville I recommend to go to Asheville Ford, lol) and they let me undo it all and the only thing I lost was a lot of sleep.

HOWEVER! I have found another WRX! This one is in Gastionia... anyone on here from around there?!.... it's an 09 with 52k miles... I wish it was in DGM but it's white which is my second favorite color... What I guess I'm getting at is PLEASE DON'T DISOWN ME GUYS! Y'all seem really nice and I am hoping to be back in club WRX soon.... Does anybody have any suggestions on THIS car? Because I obviously screwed up last time.

Sorry that this is so long but I need some people to talk to that understand... (hopefully)

I Support ClubWRX
    On the bright side,like you said ,not many dealerships would do what the said dealer did.

Do you have any pics of the car? Or a link to the 09 in question.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

No kidding! I was shocked... I think it's because the morning I came back to get it inspected I brought the financing manager breakfast. I had been really silly and joking the whole week with the guys there so maybe they would have felt bad selling me the car? I'm not sure but thank whoever they didn't try to screw me.

anyways here's the car... I talked to the dealership about the car today I might go look at it tomorrow after work but it's about an hour and 45 min drive for me

Used 2009 Subaru Impreza WRX For Sale in Gastonia & Charlotte NC | J9350A

How much, in your opinion, do you think I should feel comfortable paying for it? Assuming it is clean/ drives well.

I Support ClubWRX
    Just take your time and slowwww down. You will have your wrx soon enough. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by WrxPower View Post
    Just take your time and slowwww down. You will have your wrx soon enough. Good luck
    WRX and slow don't mix

I Support ClubWRX
    The only thing that would stop me from buying that car is the fact that it has a BOV.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Personally I am glad to read you took the car back. Honestly a dealership can not legally sell you a car without doing at least a safety inspection and if the front and rear brakes were bad they are legally required to fix them so technically for even asking you to pay half of that is lets say... Illegal. The struts.. Well that's just typical for a Wrx. Stock struts suck.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I know it doesn't seem like it, but this was a good turnout. Now you got that out of your system you can make sure you find a good car, they are out there

I agree with Tony about the BOV, also, what the heck is the decal/whatever on the front doors?

Generally, if it isn't bone stock, you want to be cautious. Insist on them doing a compression test.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    what the heck is the decal/whatever on the front doors?
    SPT stickers. [subaru performance tuning]

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    SPT stickers. [subaru performance tuning]
    Ahhh you have better eyes than I. My previous statement stands, it's best to be quite cautious with a used car that has been modded.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Quote Originally Posted by WrxPower View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kate View Post
    WRX and slow don't mix
    I think what he's saying is, this is a big deal and shouldn't be taken lightly. Take you time, find the right car for you... If this '09 is meant to be, great! (It does have a larger turbo than the '08)
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

Stick with 09+ for the few extra ponies....this is blessing in disguise, especially if the original owner was jumping that bad boy. Could of been more mechanical work to do if you dug deeper than the inspection.

Yes! '09 and up. I personally rather have a '11/'12 than a '08-'10 but that's me. Depending on your budget too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.