Lol, I have a VIN number!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Lol, I have a VIN number!!! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So the car was supposed to be in in May, but for whatever reason, they were behind. So possibly it ...

Lol, I have a VIN number!!!

So the car was supposed to be in in May, but for whatever reason, they were behind. So possibly it was going to come in in June, unfortunately they didn't have a VIN so they couldn't give me an ETA. Today I finally got some good news, my dealer emailed me saying she has a VIN for the car. Lol, I was almost worried it didn't exist. It's on the boat now and the ETA is the first week of July, but she said that they are usually early. Can't wait to get the car!
    2012 WRB WRX Sedan ...
    BPanda Build
    ...On order since 5/14/2012
    ...Picked up on 6/29/2012

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Congratulations when did you order?

Quote Originally Posted by 90crxfreak View Post
    Congratulations when did you order?
    May 14th, I got lucky and saw one on their incoming inventory so I put a hold on it immediately. So I guess a month late isn't bad, especially considering what I've heard from other people.
    2012 WRB WRX Sedan ...
    BPanda Build

That is AWESOME news, bpanda!!!! I am gonna call up my dealer tomorrow to see if he got a VIN for mine too since we are so close to each other. This post has given me hope that I will actually have my 2012 before the 2013's are on the showroom floor, haha.
    2012 Limited World Rally Blue Pearl Subaru Impreza World Rally Xross Sedan ...
    ...On order since 4/14/2012; Received VIN 7/4/2012; ETA 8/6/2012; Delivered 8/9/2012
    OTS AP Stage 1 9/15/2012

Congrats. It is such a fun car and the WRB is absolutely the best color.
    Stink-Eye Mob #270
    Enjoy your driving.

i ordered March 23

Quote Originally Posted by hindude View Post
    That is AWESOME news, bpanda!!!! I am gonna call up my dealer tomorrow to see if he got a VIN for mine too since we are so close to each other. This post has given me hope that I will actually have my 2012 before the 2013's are on the showroom floor, haha.
    Hope you'll get some good news too! It's not terrible timing for me either, other than me not feeling comfortable buying parts for a car I don't have so I'm waiting until it's mine. A lot of the things I want will take a little time to be made/sent, but I just don't want to order them only to find out there is something wrong with the car and I have a few hundred dollars in paperweights. I'll actually be back in the burbs at the end of the month, perfect timing for me to pick it up.
    2012 WRB WRX Sedan ...
    BPanda Build

Quote Originally Posted by 90crxfreak View Post
    i ordered March 23
    I didn't really "order" mine though, I took one that they had coming already. It had a couple of things on it I could really care less about, but I wanted the car too much
    2012 WRB WRX Sedan ...
    BPanda Build

What options did you get?
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    What options did you get?
    It came with what I think they call their "sport package". I think it includes: STI STS and STI shift knob (I'd rather just have a WRX knob, but whatever...), side moldings, all weather floor mats, and auto dimming mirror with compass. I don't know if that's all that is in the package, but that's what was put on my car.
    2012 WRB WRX Sedan ...
    BPanda Build

Congrats, Panda. Post some pics as soon as possible. Looking forward to seeing how it looks with side moldings (and curious about the all weather floor mats, too).

You may not be to crazy about the knob, however, the STS is certainly a nice thing to have.
    Stink-Eye Mob #270
    Enjoy your driving.

Quote Originally Posted by JayBee09 View Post
    You may not be to crazy about the knob, however, the STS is certainly a nice thing to have.
    Well, I bought the STI bushing too (which will be installed at the dealership), but I just don't like having something that says STI on it when my car clearly isn't an STI... I guess I have the STI STS and bushing, but I don't think that means I should have a knob that says STI.

Anyone know if I'll get the stock shift knob also because the STI one is something I paid for?
    2012 WRB WRX Sedan ...
    BPanda Build

I hear ya not wanting to rep something you don't have. IDK about getting the stock one also...maybe if you ask?...but you could probably get a plain jane aftermarket one for pretty cheap if you just dont want it to say STI.
    Stink-Eye Mob #270
    Enjoy your driving.

Quote Originally Posted by BPanda View Post
    Well, I bought the STI bushing too (which will be installed at the dealership), but I just don't like having something that says STI on it when my car clearly isn't an STI... I guess I have the STI STS and bushing, but I don't think that means I should have a knob that says STI.

Anyone know if I'll get the stock shift knob also because the STI one is something I paid for?
    Agreed. I don't want anything that says STi on my WRX.

I just called SoA and no luck getting a VIN. Looks like I'm still playing the waiting game
    2012 Limited World Rally Blue Pearl Subaru Impreza World Rally Xross Sedan ...
    ...On order since 4/14/2012; Received VIN 7/4/2012; ETA 8/6/2012; Delivered 8/9/2012
    OTS AP Stage 1 9/15/2012

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast