Loud rattle when I shut driver door ??? 2012 DGM Sedan
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Loud rattle when I shut driver door ??? 2012 DGM Sedan within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi Everyone I've had my 2012 Sedan since March 30th. The love I have for this beast is amazing, as ...

Loud rattle when I shut driver door ??? 2012 DGM Sedan

Hi Everyone

I've had my 2012 Sedan since March 30th. The love I have for this beast is amazing, as you all know. I got home last night and shut my door and heard a rattle. So, I opened my door again and closed it once more and another rattle.

This is the only problem I've encountered so far.

Anyone have an idea to what it may be?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Do you hear anything loose when you just swing the door back and forth very quickly (without shutting it)? If you do, then you know it's something in the door and probably easily remedied. If you don't, then you're rattling something inside the actual car. And since you're under warranty I would just swing it by the dealer.

Good luck.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    A nut probably came loose where the window mounts to the rail inside the door. Try pulling the panel off and roll the window up/down until you can see the mounting points through the access holes, I bet a nut is either loose, or missing (down in the door).

Don't worry: Take it to the dealer !!
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

Warranty that sucka! Might as well take advantage of it
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ingo View Post
    Don't worry: Take it to the dealer !!
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    Warranty that sucka! Might as well take advantage of it

My only issue with that would be the fact that every time a dealer has had one of my cars to fix something it came back with unrelated damage. One time I got it back with a large deep scratch in one of the door panels, another time the leather on my steering wheel was gouged, had my shift knob cranked down so tight it messed up the threads, etc.. I generally trust myself much more that someone else working on my car, especially when I know the fix is free.

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    My only issue with that would be the fact that every time a dealer has had one of my cars to fix something it came back with unrelated damage. One time I got it back with a large deep scratch in one of the door panels, another time the leather on my steering wheel was gouged, had my shift knob cranked down so tight it messed up the threads, etc.. I generally trust myself much more that someone else working on my car, especially when I know the fix is free.
    Did you complain? I would have raised hell. Especially for the steering wheel gouge - there's really no excuse for that.

Yeah.. they basically told me it wasn't their problem.

At least this wasn't the other local Subaru dealership that removed all aftermarket parts from a customer's car, left it without a shift lever, exhaust, etc. And when the customer complained they pointed to the sign saying "not responsible for items left in car" and told him to tow his car off of their property.

^^ You are joking, right?! If it's bolted in it's not "items left in car"...
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

Not joking. They said anything that did not come on the car from the factory was not their responsibility, and unfortunately the parts were lost due to "theft" on the lot. Needless to say I do not take my car there.. of course the other dealership that I went to a few times had the "longest running Subaru master tech in North America" who looked under my hood one day and literally told me he had no idea what he was looking at. It is also the dealership where my performance shop called asking to order a part for a STi, and the head of the parts department said "what's an STi? we have the Soul, Sorento.. never heard of an STi".

At least when my stereo was stolen from my car in that lot while waiting on a clutch replacement they reimbursed me for the stolen items and the tech did the clutch install for me off the books.

MainFrame your stories are making me really scared to take my new car to the dealership for service. I live in a condo and have no choice but to rely on others to work on my car. And since my car is still under warranty and I get incentives for taking my car to the dealership for service, I'm going to go to them. I really hope I don't encounter those horrific experiences you described.

Can someone tell me "good" stories of dealership service experiences to make me feel better?

Quote Originally Posted by Hung_Wei_Lo View Post
    MainFrame your stories are making me really scared to take my new car to the dealership for service. I live in a condo and have no choice but to rely on others to work on my car. And since my car is still under warranty and I get incentives for taking my car to the dealership for service, I'm going to go to them. I really hope I don't encounter those horrific experiences you described.

Can someone tell me "good" stories of dealership service experiences to make me feel better?
    You are not alone. I am SHOCKED by that story! While I HATE going to anyone else for service or even letting someone else drive my car, I think I'm going to take advantage of the coverage I have on the car while I have it.

I'm not a violent guy, cause when someone wrongs me, I usually think karma will get them back, but if some shop took off all my parts and screwed me like that, I think I'd have to pay their facility a visit after hours with a sledge hammer or something.
    2012 Limited World Rally Blue Pearl Subaru Impreza World Rally Xross Sedan ...
    ...On order since 4/14/2012; Received VIN 7/4/2012; ETA 8/6/2012; Delivered 8/9/2012
    OTS AP Stage 1 9/15/2012

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.