2011 wrx wheels

This is a discussion on 2011 wrx wheels within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i just got a 2011 wrx and want to get some new wheels. my subie is blue anyone have any ...

2011 wrx wheels

i just got a 2011 wrx and want to get some new wheels. my subie is blue anyone have any suggestions for wheels?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Something 17x8 and lightweight that isn't cheap as all hell.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I was thinking about going up to an 18

You could...they look good of course. 18s are stock on 3rd gen STIs. But look at it this way: 18s WILL 99% of the time be heavier, which can decrease from performance and lead to a harsher ride (thinner sidewalled tires). Tires will also become much more expensive just by increasing size.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I like my 18x9.5 +44 Dpt's

I like my 15x6.5 Braid Winrace TAs.
    Hawkeye Alliance #1050
    Build Thread
    http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/...ps665d9b9d.jpg
    Always dirty, never scurred......

A good place to start would be by listing your budget. Then you have to realize there are a million different opinions on wheels...

Quote Originally Posted by starkall View Post
    I like my 18x9.5 +44 Dpt's
    Why did you go up to that large a size?

Quote Originally Posted by gregroot198521 View Post
    I like my 15x6.5 Braid Winrace TAs.
    That's a joke right? Sarcasm is lost very easily on forums.....
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

I Support ClubWRX
    an 18"x8" +44 would be ideal. They can be had from brands like enkei, konig, weds sport, work, volk, bbs, OZ.. Just to name a few lighter then oem...

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    A good place to start would be by listing your budget. Then you have to realize there are a million different opinions on wheels...

Why did you go up to that large a size?

That's a joke right? Sarcasm is lost very easily on forums.....
    How's it a joke? Do some research. He's in a Rex, correct? In just suggesting something that is a much more comfortable ride, oh and they fit, since they are designed to fit over our front brakes. Oh, and my setup with rubber wasn't horrid in price: 5 wheels balanced was about $1800
    Hawkeye Alliance #1050
    Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by gregroot198521 View Post
    How's it a joke? Do some research. He's in a Rex, correct? In just suggesting something that is a much more comfortable ride, oh and they fit, since they are designed to fit over our front brakes. Oh, and my setup with rubber wasn't horrid in price: 5 wheels balanced was about $1800
    What kind of tires? Just wondering...Do you do a lot of off roading? I imagine your WRX handles like a sled with high profile tires and minimal contact patch. You seem to have a much more optimal setup for Arctic driving than desert/Texas driving.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    What kind of tires? Just wondering...Do you do a lot of off roading? I imagine your WRX handles like a sled with high profile tires and minimal contact patch. You seem to have a much more optimal setup for Arctic driving than desert/Texas driving.
    Handles pretty good in the dirt, takes bumps much better now. Doesn't corner on the street too great right now, that's the rubber though, I need to find my optimal pressures. They are all terrain tires, 215/70-15 Yokohama Geolanders, and yes, I off-road a lot. So much fun!
    Hawkeye Alliance #1050
    Build Thread