Hello from Northern NJ
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Hello from Northern NJ within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just joined the site, been lurking since 4/15 when I picked up my WRB Limited WRX hatch. Woke up that ...

Hello from Northern NJ

Just joined the site, been lurking since 4/15 when I picked up my WRB Limited WRX hatch.

Woke up that morning and decided to go test drive a few cars, not meaning to buy one.

First stop was Mazda and the Speed 3. Liked it, but no AWD, so no go.

Next was the Focus ST, did not like at all.

Then the Golf R, nice car, nice interior, but for a 4 door with NAV, almost 40K? Hmm, put this as a maybe.

Last was the Subaru WRX. Walked into the showroom, and there was a WRB Hatch Limited on the showroom floor. I never really looked into the 2012's, and I knew that the previous WRX did not have the same body as the STI. I was mesmerized by this car, I could not stop walking around it, sitting in it, popping the hood, checking out the cargo space, etc.

The knuckle headed salesman that I was talking to, had no clue about the car. Told me that it was the last one, and I could not test drive it till Monday, as I went on Saturday, and they had to pull it out of the showroom. So I bid the knucklehead farewell, and about to head over to the Fiat dealer to check out the 500 Abarth.

A younger guy in a suit comes over to me and asks if I had been taken care of (Ends up being the owner of the dealership. I explained to him how I liked the WRX and wanted to test drive one, but was told by knuckle head that I had to come back Monday. He tells me to hold on, because they just unloaded 4 sedans that morning, and if I wanted to test drive the sedan, I could. I said sure why not. 30 mins later a WRB Limited sedan with the wrapper still on the body, and the plastic cover over the wheels pulls up. He gets a copy of my license, throws me the keys and says enjoy. I took it for a test drive, and was amazed by the car. Drove back to the dealership, and found the owner, and told him that I wanted to walk out of there with the hatch that day.

He set me up with another salesman(woman), as knuckle head had left for the day. I traded my 2007 Nissan Frontier LE, signed the paper work, and left with:

2012 WRB Hatch Limited
    Navigation
    SPT/STI Short Throw Shifter
    SPT Boost Gauge
    Footwell Illumination
    Rear Cargo Mat
    Rear Cargo Net
    Rear Cup Holders
    Raisable Center Console
    MOMO Subaru Shift Knob
    SPT Turbo Boost Shield

This is how the car came configured, it was ordered by somebody else, who backed out the morning I went to the dealership.

Enjoying the hell out of the car, and have a grin whenever I go for a drive.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i wont believe you until you post pics....... and if you dont mind me asking, what was the OTD price?

I also believe it could have been one of the last hatches. They are scarce in NJ. (still waiting 5-6 weeks in for order)

This also shows how bad the salesmen are. No one will allow anyone to test drive these cars. Subaru almost lost a sale on spot! All knuckle head had to do is give a test drive and he would have had a fast sale. I hate all the Knuckle heads!

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats on the purchase.

If you need any parts or advice, let me know.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! www.kronosperformance.com sales@kronosperformance.com Call/Text 732-742-8837 We Offer a Military Discount
    Our Facebook | Our Twitter | Our Instagram | Our Pinterest
    Our featured brands
    RALLY ARMOR | BC RACING | PERRIN | MISHIMOTO | GRIMMSPEED

Quote Originally Posted by 90crxfreak View Post
    i wont believe you until you post pics....... and if you dont mind me asking, what was the OTD price?

I also believe it could have been one of the last hatches. They are scarce in NJ. (still waiting 5-6 weeks in for order)

This also shows how bad the salesmen are. No one will allow anyone to test drive these cars. Subaru almost lost a sale on spot! All knuckle head had to do is give a test drive and he would have had a fast sale. I hate all the Knuckle heads!

No bargaining on this one.

It was there, it was a Limited 5 Door, the only one available in NJ in WRB, and I could get it now.

Paid full boat retail, all said and done, it was about 33K+

Congrats!

Two things:

Don't forget about the break-in period

And what didn't you like about the focus ST? I haven't actually checked one out close up yet.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

33K OTD is pretty good.
    2011 SWP WRX Hatch

I Support ClubWRX
    Congratulations on the purchase.

Pics?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    bump it up
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! www.kronosperformance.com sales@kronosperformance.com Call/Text 732-742-8837 We Offer a Military Discount
    Our Facebook | Our Twitter | Our Instagram | Our Pinterest
    Our featured brands
    RALLY ARMOR | BC RACING | PERRIN | MISHIMOTO | GRIMMSPEED

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.